I have never seen such kit before, a little help guys?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by FFAGrimReaper, Nov 30, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey there.

I have never seen a Para dress this way on parade before (we're looking at the Sgt). Is he doing somethnig very strange, or do I just need to be at more events with PARA's in them?

Also, just another small note, I thought PARAs, wore a beret with 2's?

[​IMG]

here i the same guy with a chest-full of medals.
    [​IMG]

GrimReaper
    P.S. this isn't in the Walt section because I don't want to throw accusations arround which have no basis. For now I'm just assuming this is something perfectly correct which I've not seen before.

2. Proword No Wah

He's not in the Parachute Regiment. Look out some cavalry uniforms if you're really curious.

3. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

It might amaze you that he isn't PARA........ Note lack of wings.....

4. He's wearing Maroon trousers...... not a maroon beret....... it's a Cav thing.

Is this a Cadet Detachment? I'm interested cos many of the children are dressed as Coldstreamers.

5. I agree, it's a cav regiment, only they can get away with the dashing purple trousers

6. ahh cheers guys, I thought I might have been missing something massive, turns out, pretty much everything.

the maroon lid fooled me, sorry for wasting time.

Grim

7. Oh and yes they are CCF

8. FFS a p155 poor wah if ever I seen one. RedLeg

9. Is the uniform Kings Royal Hussars?

I have seen a similar uniform on a KRH badged ACF Officer at Rememberance Sunday Parade.

http://www2.army.mod.uk/img/cadet5.jpg linky shows the same uniform, doesn;t it?

HTH

10. yeah looks very similar to me.

I don't know this guy's regiment, I wasn't at the parade myself.

GrimReaper

11. RH & 14/20 H

Red trousers & burnt chicken as a cap badge

12. You think this is bad, wait til you see the nice chocolate brown jumpers they wear as part of their barrack dress. Truly outstanding fashion sense, this lot.

I remember about 12 years ago they had a band attached to them who wore Thunderbird hats and peach coloured jumpers, anyone else remember them?

13. He looks so Dandy in his purple pants and is that an Officers shirt and tie he be wearing....

14. No its a KRH SNCO Shirt and tie