I have found my SLR

Discussion in 'Old & Bold' started by very-old-git, Feb 28, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Took a short break to Malta this week and saw my original SLR with wooden furniture. Do the Maltese Defence Forces use any other vintage kit?.

The duty guard could have lost a few pounds but what the heck no one is going to invade that small an island.

Attached Files:

2. 247911_oh_look_its_this_thread_again.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

how could you tell its yours then? do tell.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Really? well mine was 27007, let me know if you bump into it.

And No, no wooden furniture, mine was black plastic, paddy jaw breaking stuff

5. For a State that wanted rid of us ASAP they don't half like to hang on to stuff reminiscent of the days of The Empire.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Grumblegrunt

wasn't it the usual power crazy single politician that did it. I seem to remember something communisty.

7. Dom Mintoff

8. Not only that but they've nicked my village phone box. Thieving bastards. I wondered where it had gone.

• Like Like x 3

9. Due to it's strategic position, many (including us) have over the centuries!

• Like Like x 1
  10. It's got the shit slit slots on it and not the lovely round holes on the grip. Jam it sideways up your mudhole! How the **** can you see the serial number from there anyway?

11. Actually would be a nice picture though, if hunchback bonehead in the background was standing at attention.

• Like Like x 3
  12. We love the big bore bang stick! 5.56 is good for rabbits!

• Like Like x 2
  13. He is nicely balanced by the hunchfront nearest the camera though.

• Like Like x 2
  14. I certainly didn't carry that much flab when I was in the mob but the SLR will more than compensate for the fact that he probably can't run more than 20 yards before getting out of breath!

• Like Like x 3
  15. Grumblegrunt

to be fair the island is so small the bft is probably a lap.

• Like Like x 2