I have found my SLR

Took a short break to Malta this week and saw my original SLR with wooden furniture. Do the Maltese Defence Forces use any other vintage kit?.

The duty guard could have lost a few pounds but what the heck no one is going to invade that small an island.

Attachments

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
how could you tell its yours then? do tell.

Really? well mine was 27007, let me know if you bump into it.

And No, no wooden furniture, mine was black plastic, paddy jaw breaking stuff

C

cloudbuster

For a State that wanted rid of us ASAP they don't half like to hang on to stuff reminiscent of the days of The Empire.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
wasn't it the usual power crazy single politician that did it. I seem to remember something communisty.

It's got the shit slit slots on it and not the lovely round holes on the grip. Jam it sideways up your mudhole! How the **** can you see the serial number from there anyway?

Actually would be a nice picture though, if hunchback bonehead in the background was standing at attention.
He is nicely balanced by the hunchfront nearest the camera though.

I certainly didn't carry that much flab when I was in the mob but the SLR will more than compensate for the fact that he probably can't run more than 20 yards before getting out of breath!

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
to be fair the island is so small the bft is probably a lap.

Pity nobody showed them how to attach the white plastic sling correctly so it was tight!

Has it been mentioned that the one on the foreground appears to have a club foot ?
He also bears more than a passing resemblance to certain RE Lt Col of my acquiantance ...
Kit wise , Malta also still use the Bofors gun and possibly the 25 pdr .
They used to wear British Army working dress C 1979 , but now seem to wear old American combats .
I don't think defence is taken very seriously there any more ( bit like here really )

For a State that wanted rid of us ASAP they don't half like to hang on to stuff reminiscent of the days of The Empire.
They don't seen to be too keen on shoe polish, though.