I have Eczema... will this be a problem?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by andrian007, Jul 15, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Dear all,

I just did my online medical questionnaire and I answered honestly, that I think I have Eczema. This is purely self-diagnosed and no doctor has ever formally diagnosed it. When winter comes, my skin is very dry and red patches appear. I Googled this condition and I just thought Eczema would best describe the condition. In the meantime, from sports, I have also fractured the top of my left humerus two years ago. This has now fully healed.

With the above, I want to know what my chances are. I don't mind being confined to only certain roles within the army as long as I am doing something. Your views will be greatly appreciated.

2. no skin off my nose if you do

• Like Like x 1
  3. Try a few sunbeds in winter helped me no end.

4. You aren't a Doctor so cannot diagnose.
    You cannot say truthfully that you have eczema.

5. I wouldn't worry too much mate. I once went out with a girl who had really bad eczema all over her body………'cracking' set of tits though!!!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

6. Then you don't have it. This is why doctors spend ages studying, to tell the difference between eczema and a reaction to cheap soap powder/perfumed deodorant

• Like Like x 2
  7. Bit of advise I got given at my unit. .. dont tell the army doctora

8. Bit of advise that I got told by a long serving soldier when I went to my unit, dont tell the army doctors anything, let them find out for themselves.

9. ...................Don't listen to this lot of never served wannabe's Adrian!

Eczema isn't a problem.

I know lots of Pizza faced slop jockey's & quite a few RLC barrage balloons that have plukey faces!

You'll be among friends there!

10. Plukes (acne) has got **** all to do with eczema. What he's being told is that if a doctor hasn't said he hasn't got eczema, then he hasn't got eczema.

Personally, I don't plan on going to see a doctor ever again; therefore I don't have, nor will have, anything nasty

• Like Like x 1
  11. As I put down that I had eczema (Which is incredibly mild/rare to appear), along with having a bone break a good decade or so back as a kid on that medical form, I've had an e-mail response stating I'll need evidence/letter from a doctor/nurse/consultant to prove I'm actually not a festering sore/spastic thats a liability to the forces if I wish to continue my app.

(No indication if its the eczema, or the bone break, however - so, nice and helpful of course.)

So, theres your answer - don't put it on if you don't want to have to appeal midway through the application.