i have been told i cannot sign back on

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by lg_1982, Apr 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i have 2 months left in the army but would like to withdrav my ntt.i have been told i cannot do this because the current trade im in is overmanned so i have been told chin up you should not have signed off. can the army do this or must they find me alternative employment ie re-trading,transferring etc and exhausting these avenues before giving me the boot..... help please
  2. If you have signed to leave they are under no obligation to renew your contract, The same as any civ employer would not have to accept a return to employment after written notice of resignation has been accepted.
  3. msr

msr LE

You asked for it!
  4. as far as i am aware, you have no rights. the army used to give you the chance to withdraw the NTT, but as you stated the army is now overmanned. the only slight hope is if you are in an operational pinch point trade.
    start to prepare for civvies street!!!!!!
  5. No doubt some one will be along soon with the DS solution.

However, my Bn put a notice on Part 1s over a year ago saying that because of the state of recruitment,anyone who terminates will not be allowed to sign back on. One of my mates terminated, tried to withdraw it a few months before his discharge date and was told to poke it. But on the flip side, I know some one who was allowed to withdraw his termination.
  6. What trade are you? How long you served - what rank?
  7. msr

msr LE

Try your local TA unit :)
  8. And don't forget to close the gate on your way out of camp. :)
  9. Ha Ha!
  10. Did you sign off in a tantrum, or were you angling for promotion/posting?

Either way get your kit into the QMs and make sure your room's tidy before you do one.
  11. Come on lg_1982 spill the beans; there might be someone here that can help.
  12. thanks for the posts guess its endex for me!
  13. What trade are you? How long you served - what rank?
  14. If I dont get Posting/promotion/leave/cuddly toy then Im signing off

BYE THEN!!!