I have applied for the army to be a metalsmith!

Hello all,
I am 19 and just currently applied to go into the british army, I have done my questionnaires and forms online and have a face2face meeting down the local reserve centre next week and a medical phone call.

what should I be expecting now?What’s in the meeting and when will I find out an answer to if I get accepted or not? Any help or advice is appreciated cheers!!

Last edited:
D

Deleted 15653

The regimental welder in 'Traz (that's Osnabrück to the young) was one of the most popular people in camp. Making oil drum BBQs got him out of duties/the sh1t and he was never short of beer for quick fixes.
He did drop one major clanger by not isolating the expensive kit in a 43 before completing the welding circuit and arc-shorting several very sensitive items. In his defence it was 10 am and he was therefore still pi$$ed from the previous evening.

Hello all,
I am 19 and just currently applied to go into the british army, I have done my questionnaires and forms online and have a face2face meeting down the local reserve centre next week and a medical phone call.

what should I be expecting now?What’s in the meeting and when will I find out an answer to if I get accepted or not? Any help or advice is appreciated cheers!!
that meeting is **** all mate. Its basically a casual chat with an army representative. When i was on mine i was sat in a big fancy room talking to someone from the Irish guards. Lasted about 40 mins, he showed us a few videos of all the trades in the army (some are boring as **** but you just sit through it), at the end of it I met my personal recruiter, she told me Ive got my job choice if i pass the BARB tests and whatever else you do. Thats about it, nothing to worry about at all. Got booked onto assessment about 3 weeks after

When you've been in 5 years or so, take photos of your bench. When the block rat nails the town bike, then you can gloat that your bench is prettier :)

Latest Threads