I have a scholarship for Sandhurst........

Mrs AY has got me into this Apprentice malarky, hence I have just watched that utter cnut Ben declare he is brilliant and used that he has a scholarship to RMAS as indication of that.....

Lord help us if Offr recruiting is impressed by the self serving drivel spouted by this tosser

Rant over

ArmyYid said:
Mrs AY has got me into this Apprentice malarky, hence I have just watched that utter cnut Ben declare he is brilliant and used that he has a scholarship to RMAS as indication of that.....

Lord help us if Offr recruiting is impressed by the self serving drivel spouted by this tosser

Rant over
I saw that and wondered if he'd get through the gates in future...

He's the type who'd get more than a few chats without coffee because of his attitude and struggle to convince anyone he deserves to get to Capt.

When did RMAS start doing scholarships?

Mongo

LE
Kit Reviewer
*Assuming no-wah*
At least in the mid-90s.

Basically they give you a place in advance (can be up to 7 years before you actually get there) and also some dosh in return for you completing an SSC.

Ive run into this bell-end a few times in the toon. He is a cnut, pure and simple. He played 4th XV university rugby and was a 'self styled' Gavin Henson lookalike. Whilst at uni he was a 'greeter' at Tiger Tiger -basically that wanker with the clipboard that lets all the fanny in a club ahead of everyone in the queue.

I seriously doubt he had a 'scholarship' to the Factory whilst he was at uni. Lies.

So why didn't he go (to Sandhurst) then? He told everybody he is a trainee stockbroker. Something don't smell right here!

Surely you get a scholarship for University or Sixth form it is not a 'Sandhurst scholarship' it does mean you've got a place, but calling it that makes it seem like you ... get paid to go there..... I've got a Sandhurst scholarship too!

ArmyYid said:

Rant over
Seen as well - (another closet capitalist viewer) :D

(and omegahunter must have friends in low places) - but makes the point well. :!:

SunrayDown said:
So why didn't he go (to Sandhurst) then? He told everybody he is a trainee stockbroker. Something don't smell right here!
Maybe it was his undercrackers when he realised ARRSE was on the case

omegahunter said:
And was fired from Brewin Dolphin for being an cnut, apparently.
I thought being a cnut was the qualification to get a job at Brewin Dolphin. Bunch of tw@s.

I do wonder what he means by “Scholarship”, does he mean he had a Bursary or Cadetship?

I know people who were awarded cadetships and they were in the “superior being” category and I don’t mean this in a derogatory way, more sort of awe.

Now this chap does not strike me as having that sort of stature, also I’m sure that if he been a 2Lt at any point he would not be shy about letting anyone know.

Therefore can we assume he was a “Bursar”, either way it does mean that he must have passed RCB?

YM

If he's referring to the 6th for scholarship then he probably did a 24 rcb-lite thing when he was 16. That usually grabs you a cadetship/bursary at university as an additional perk

Sounds like balls though

Pob02

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Maybe at 16 he showed the potential . . which as we can all see was never, and most probaly will never be realised. Now he just strikes me as a bellend.

Having said that I have had some RIGHT bellends as young Subbies before .. (and probably will again in the future).

Am I missing something? I can pay for my kids place at posh school or if he's exceptionally talented the school will give him a "scholarship"; i.e they'll fund hid place rather than me having to pay for him.

Ergo...

Is Belfast Ben trying to say that he's so brilliant that the Army wants to give him a free place at Sandhurst while all the other Cadets get mummy or daddy to pay for the course? Wouldn't that equate to buying a Commission? According to my sources the purchasing of Commissions was outlawed in 1871; although a couple of cadets have recently passed the course funded by their grandmother.