I Have A Lot To Be Grateful For Because....

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by wotan, Apr 2, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. You.

Ok. I fully understand if the Mods move this thread. I just am not sure what heading to put it under and I am seriously not trying to do a p*** take on anyone.

As I am retiring from the Regular Force of the Canadian Forces, I have been taking stock of my past 27 years of service. And my conclusion is that I am a pretty G-Dd-mn lucky SOB that should be kissing the Earth I have the privilege to live on as well as kissing the asses of each and every soldier/sailor/airperson that provides for me.

My situation is that I have a beautiful, dedicated wife, two kids that (for now) adore me and listen to what I tell them, have moved into the style of house that would be described as a "manor" in the UK, and have friends and family that respect and admire me (for some unknown reason). I am really not a man of remarkable talents (I achieved the rank of Sergeant in the Canadian Forces) and am of mediocre intellect. Yet I realize that a great portion of my exceptional good fortune is directly traceable to a vast number of soldiers overseas. So, I would like to pass on a very sincere "thank you" to each of them.

And I would ask that anyone that may think they lead a blessed life add a "thank you" to the troops that help to provide that life. As well, I would ask that you drop a fiver ($5CAD, $5USD, 5GBP, or 5 Lindor shit-nickels) in support of the troops. Personnally, I am dropping a few dollars in for Tim Horton's coffee for the troops (Canucks will understand). As well, I would like to extend a "Thank You" to each person that reads this thread and has ever worn their country's uniform. I am very lucky, and it is because of folks like you that I am as blessed as I am. Your humble friend.....

2. have you been on an all-nighter?