I Hate Showtime

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Gaz_ED, Aug 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I listen to R2, 'cos I'm old and knackered, in the morning on the way to work.

I have to turn it off at 0715 when that f*cking showtime comes on.

Who the f*ck likes musicals anyway?

C*nts!

2. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

3. Me...yes I am good with colours and quite light on my feet - why do you ask?? :wink:

4. It's that Sarah Kennedy I cannot abide.

5. Or Terry Wobegone...

6. I, like you, listen to R2 for the same reasons. But it is the only bit of that cat shagging hypochondriac walting bitch's show that I actually listen too.

Because usually you can hear the words...........

Hey? What?

7. You're all a bunch of old bastards. When I listen to Radio 2 I get the same feeling i imagine old people get when they sh't themselves and have to sit in it for hours on end. Terry Wogan just rambles on like the senile knacker he is, Steve Wright belongs at Radio Norfolk or some equally smarmy local radio station and Sarah Kennedy is just barking mad. And as for that bespeckled, talentless ginger cnut, if ever so much as catch site of him I'm going to beat him until he's unrecognisable.

8. old_fat_and_hairy

Go digital mate. Listen to BBC 7. Goon show at 12 and again later in the day. Also Navy Lark, Round the Horne, Take it from here, and many others. Brilliant stuff!

9. old_fat_and_hairy

I'm listening to 'Take it from Here' even now, to be followed by something els, didn't hear the announcement. Then the current serial, which is a Biggles adventure..

Worth it just for that.

10. old_fat_and_hairy

Just checked schedule. For today ias as follows.

12:00-12:30
    Take It from Here
    Dick Bentley and Jimmy Edwards ponder their future, while The Glums meet Eth's family. With June Whitfield. From May 1957.

12:30-13:00
    The Burkiss Way
    Avoid Like The Plague The Burkiss Way: The Grim Reaper has arrived and he's keen to spread the Red Death. Featuring Chris Emmett and Jo Kendall. From May 1979. Episode 7 of 7.

13:00-13:15
    Biggles Flies North
    Some Grim Encounters: At the sound of vicious machine gunfire from another plane, the Jupiter is forced to take action. Read by Michael Palin. Episode 4 of 8.

13:15-13:30
    Gielgud's Letters
    The renowned actor's remarkable life told through his letters. 1970 saw news of a new London role. Read by Derek Jacobi. Episode 4 of 5.

13:30-13:45
    This Sceptred Isle
    War in Europe: William's campaign against the French leads the monarchy into another financial crisis. Narrated by Anna Massey. Episode 99 of 216.

13:45-14:00
    Men of Stone
    Island Life Then: Julian Richards takes a trip through time to uncover some of Portland's social history from pregnant brides to taboo mammals. Episode 4 of 5.

14:00-17:00
    CBeebies Radio on BBC7
    Join all your CBeebies friends for songs, rhymes and stories on BBC7.

17:00-17:30
    Legal, Decent, Honest and Truthful
    Ad copywriter Ken Handley faces his own emergency when he's coerced into a campaign for the Samaritans. Starring Martin Jarvis. Episode 6 of 6.

17:30-18:00
    The Attractive Young Rabbi
    Direct Action: A man with a tape measure spells trouble for Rabbi Fine. Will Su get involved? With Tracy-Ann Oberman and David de Keyser. Episode 2 of 6.

Evening Morning | Afternoon

18:00-18:30
    Catch My Breath
    Contemporary horror story set in a remote Scottish country house. Written by Marty Ross. Episode 4 of 5.

18:30-18:45
    The Handmaid's Tale
    The Wife's Proposal: Serena Joy reveals a radical solution to help Offred's attempt to bear her a child. Margaret Atwood's novel read by Buffy Davis. Episode 7 of 10.

18:45-19:00
    The Handmaid's Tale
    Jezebels: Offred comes across her old friend, in very disturbing surroundings. Margaret Atwood's novel continues, read by Buffy Davis. Episode 8 of 10.

19:00-19:30
    Take It from Here
    Dick Bentley and Jimmy Edwards ponder their future, while The Glums meet Eth's family. With June Whitfield. From May 1957.

19:30-20:00
    The Burkiss Way
    Avoid Like The Plague The Burkiss Way: The Grim Reaper has arrived and he's keen to spread the Red Death. Featuring Chris Emmett and Jo Kendall. From May 1979. Episode 7 of 7.

20:00-20:30
    The Blackburn Files
    A Case of Plagiarism: The private investigator is called in when a writer is convinced his TV script's been pinched. Starring Fine Time Fontayne. Episode 4 of 5.

20:30-21:00
    Ashenden, Gentleman Spy
    The Traitor: Ashenden unearths a plot by the Germans to infiltrate an Englishman, Caypor, into England as a spy. Abridged by Neville Teller.

21:00-21:15
    Madame Bovary
    Emma's complicated, unfulfilled life is beginning to unravel. Starring Sarah Smart with narration by John Hurt. Episode 9 of 10.

21:15-22:00
    The Teahouse Detective
    The de Genneville Peerage: A fresh murder shatters Polly, but the man in the corner's crime solving efforts meet furious resistance. Stars Bernard Hepton.

22:00-22:30
    Married
    Betrayal: Robin discovers that life can be sweet in his new universe, even at the expense of someone else. Stars Hugh Bonneville. Episode 3 of 6.

22:30-23:00
    On the Town - League of Gentlemen
    Death by Mau Mau: The 'local people' of Spent hold a fun run. Black comedy with Steve Pemberton, Reece Shearsmith, Mark Gatiss and Jeremy Dyson. Episode 2 of 6.

23:00-23:30
    The Skivers
    Leslie Phillips guest stars in Nick Golson and Tim de Jongh's skilful sketch comedy, with Mel Giedroyc. From March 1994. Episode 1 of 5.

23:30-00:00
    Count Arthur Strong's Radio Show
    The BBC invites the former variety star to take part in a panel game, but he can't find his team mates or a bell or buzzer. Episode 2 of 6.

00:00-00:30
    Catch My Breath
    Contemporary horror story set in a remote Scottish country house. Written by Marty Ross. Episode 4 of 5.

00:30-00:45
    The Handmaid's Tale
    The Wife's Proposal: Serena Joy reveals a radical solution to help Offred's attempt to bear her a child. Margaret Atwood's novel read by Buffy Davis. Episode 7 of 10.

00:45-01:00
    The Handmaid's Tale
    Jezebels: Offred comes across her old friend, in very disturbing surroundings. Margaret Atwood's novel continues, read by Buffy Davis. Episode 8 of 10.

01:00-01:30
    The Blackburn Files
    A Case of Plagiarism: The private investigator is called in when a writer is convinced his TV script's been pinched. Starring Fine Time Fontayne. Episode 4 of 5.

01:30-02:00
    Ashenden, Gentleman Spy
    The Traitor: Ashenden unearths a plot by the Germans to infiltrate an Englishman, Caypor, into England as a spy. Abridged by Neville Teller.

02:00-02:15
    Madame Bovary
    Emma's complicated, unfulfilled life is beginning to unravel. Starring Sarah Smart with narration by John Hurt. Episode 9 of 10.

02:15-03:00
    The Teahouse Detective
    The de Genneville Peerage: A fresh murder shatters Polly, but the man in the corner's crime solving efforts meet furious resistance. Stars Bernard Hepton.

03:00-03:30
    Married
    Betrayal: Robin discovers that life can be sweet in his new universe, even at the expense of someone else. Stars Hugh Bonneville. Episode 3 of 6.

03:30-04:00
    On the Town - League of Gentlemen
    Death by Mau Mau: The 'local people' of Spent hold a fun run. Black comedy with Steve Pemberton, Reece Shearsmith, Mark Gatiss and Jeremy Dyson. Episode 2 of 6.

04:00-04:30
    The Skivers
    Leslie Phillips guest stars in Nick Golson and Tim de Jongh's skilful sketch comedy, with Mel Giedroyc. From March 1994. Episode 1 of 5.

04:30-05:00
    Count Arthur Strong's Radio Show
    The BBC invites the former variety star to take part in a panel game, but he can't find his team mates or a bell or buzzer. Episode 2 of 6.

05:00-06:00
    Caesar!
    The Best of Mothers: The story of Emperor Nero and his mother Agrippina whose influence eventually drives him to murder. Episode 1 of 3.

06:00-06:30
    The Attractive Young Rabbi
    Direct Action: A man with a tape measure spells trouble for Rabbi Fine. Will Su get involved? With Tracy-Ann Oberman and David de Keyser. Episode 2 of 6.

06:30-07:00
    Legal, Decent, Honest and Truthful
    Ad copywriter Ken Handley faces his own emergency when he's coerced into a campaign for the Samaritans. Starring Martin Jarvis. Episode 6 of 6.

Catch up with the last 6 days of BBC 7

Help with listening

How to Listen

Listen to BBC 7 on DAB Digital Radio, Freeview, Digital Satellite, Digital Cable and the internet
    More details
    Help with listening

11. Go digital mate. Listen to BBC 7. Goon show at 12 and again later in the day. Also Navy Lark, Round the Horne, Take it from here, and many others. Brilliant stuff![/quote]

Digital Radio - What be this witchcraft?!?!

12. FFS grow a pair get off the fence and give us your honest opinion :p

13. Nice to see you keeping your posts brief OFaH!

However I too am a fan of Radio 7. Also Radio 4 and World Service. All available on digital radio. World Service is still the serious current affairs/news speech radio that appears unavailable anywhere else.

14. old_fat_and_hairy

Yes. Sorry about the cut and paste. Just wanted to show what is available. R4 and World Service too are excellent.

15. Actually , I agree with Arby - why the f*ck do I listen to that dried up old slag of a morning? The deranged whore can't even read out the f*cking newspapers properly - she sounds as if she's still suffering from her Mogadon and Cabernet Sauvignon binge from the night before. Either that or the b*stard Temazepans are kicking in. Wrinkle -necked, rancid, insane, stenchbag, tw*t of the hightest order. I'll bet she's got a minge like a bag of salt and vinegar crisps.

I'll put a CD on.....