I HATE MOVERS I HATE MOVERS I HATE MOVERS I HATE MOVERS

Outstanding said:
There is virtually nothing that cannot be contracted out or outsourced.

The decison to do so is based on considerations of cost versus political will.
Don't encourage The Baron. He will be bidding for the Boathouse contract before you know it!

P-T

Err...at the risk of biting horribly, that's a video (one of several) of REME squaddies performing the hallowed art of Air Bumming, and not what RAF chaps do on tour.

I know this is an old thread but I'm new to this forum just changed my avtar to reflect my trade as I for one am proud of the fact I was a combat travel agent. I for one would like to thank Queensman as this whole thread seem to point at air movement controlled by the RAF. Not a mention of rail, sea and road transport so come on what about the rest of the times movers fcuk up. I know I have just put a big target on but hey I believe the saying is "incoming". I for one tried to help everyone who was polite to me. However we never play on exercises as we had to do ourjob for real all the time (rules and reg's are the same regardless).

CRASHTEST said:
I know this is an old thread but I'm new to this forum just changed my avtar to reflect my trade as I for one am proud of the fact I was a combat travel agent. I for one would like to thank Queensman as this whole thread seem to point at air movement controlled by the RAF. Not a mention of rail, sea and road transport so come on what about the rest of the times movers fcuk up. I know I have just put a big target on but hey I believe the saying is "incoming". I for one tried to help everyone who was polite to me. However we never play on exercises as we had to do ourjob for real all the time (rules and reg's are the same regardless).
Only 3 groups of people wear or wore red armbands......RMP, Nazi's and Movers.........

CRASHTEST said:
I for one would like to thank Queensman.........
How kind! And they're gratefully received - sorry it's taken so long to one, notice that you posted and two, to acknowledge your thanks!

I'm sorry also that you seem to fail to realise that a 'Mover' is a Mover, regardless of class, colour or creed. In fact since originally posting this thread, I've suffered at the hands of your civilian equivalents, so I now include the staff of EasyJet, Ryan Air, FlyBe, Sea France, Wight Link, British Rail and Traffic Wardens in with you, whether you be Green or Light Blue!

Why do they issue lists of junk you have to carry on board (doss bag, civvies (no sports kit), wash kit, S10 and laptop if taken) and then complain it is too big to take on.

I admit, I tried to get my mp3 player in there.

Everyone elses' issue daysack seemed fine.

Useless shower. And why the fcuk would I need my S10 on board. Are we seriously going to land in a fcuking chemical attack? Says it all.

There has been a huge clamp down on cabin baggage now; hell you aren't even allowed to take a daysack on a C17 because of space. The only problem is that when you get stuck at Seeb because of dust storms/aircraft faults/pilot hours etc you are really stuck. You have to wear the same kit for a couple of days and can't wash etc because the RAF won't unload the hold baggage as it means they have to do some work (problem solved, you have 200 odd squaddies kicking around with nothing to do, use some as a works party!). It's great!

drain_sniffer said:
CRASHTEST said:
Only 3 groups of people wear or wore red armbands......RMP, Nazi's and Movers.........
And communists.

I'm due to fly out on wednesday, but my flight has yet to be confirmed, will get 2 days notice and could be bumped. Now dont know weather to pack in work this week.

I hated movers when I was in and still hate them now :x

Actually HR staff request flights from the movers...

They have to ask for the right thing though; we're not clairvoyant!

As for the specifics, if you interpret from side to side the aforementioned strand, it is typically childish tittle gossip and devoid of any genuine issues. Those particulars that do appear connected to information agreed to the troops, which I concur could be enhanced. I conflict for this on your behalf daily.
Please resend settings over.

His post was today and now it's deleted or maybe rewritten in invisible ink.

Do they really x-ray weapons? If so why?

Serious question, not trolling.

When your at South Cerney, I like the way that if something goods happened a SNCO comes out to tell you, but if you're delayed they push out the most junior sprog, normally one that can hardly speak English, to tell you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ciggie The NAAFI Bar 121
M The NAAFI Bar 69
dingerr The NAAFI Bar 248