I HATE MOVERS I HATE MOVERS I HATE MOVERS I HATE MOVERS

You have to get there early so you know about the delay in advance.
Haven't done Brize for a few years now but do you still have to do that really bonk thing of actually turning up and checking in at some shed in South Cerney? Which is an hour away and not even in the same county FFS

Haven't done Brize for a few years now but do you still have to do that really bonk thing of actually turning up and checking in at some shed in South Cerney? Which is an hour away and not even in the same county FFS
No idea if it still happens, I remember no one ever had a proper explanation why it happened, it was just accepted.

Just for the joy of 3 tier bunk beds.

Could the six hours be due to mustering by layers of management?
I agree that it seems excessive for normal pax moves. If cargo is part of the mix, then
the timeline extends to cater for prepstation and loading.

I'm no longer in the game, but believe me, no-one actively tries to mess anyone about.
Then last thing Brize needs is large numbers of tired/bored squaddies to be looked after.
Actually that’s probably it. Has anyone ever checked if the RAF DO require six hours. It’s probably 3, but then the muster for the muster for the muster needs to take place.

A bit like drawing weapons from the armoury. Armoury opens at say 0830, so everyone has to be in place for 0530.

If only they could ship the migrants directly from dinghy to BD . Put them up on camp-cots in the HAS's and get them up really, I mean really early, for a late flight. With no phone signal or internet obviously.

It's good enough for our brave boys!

Is it worth referring the OP and assembled multitudes to this:

“https://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/The_Movements_Game”?

I reckon it’s amusing, anyway.

chimera

LE
Last edited:
Yet every time I have ever been through there in the last 40 years there has always been a large numbers of tired/bored squaddies to be looked after ^~
There is a yang to that yin.

I am aware of a WO1 (not a mover) who when based at BZN would religiously scour the arrivals lists to check on large unit arrivals, especially in the summer months.

He would then work his lunch/coffee/tiffin break to ensure he was in the foyer coffee shop at the most opportune time that skimpily clad, summer dressed wives and girlfriends would arrive to greet back into the UK their brave hero’s back into their awaiting bosoms.

Indeed, sometimes he would be able to notice such details as those wearing long coats, unusual for the summer, that may have little on underneath. Old fashioned garments such as stockings and suspenders also seemed quite in vogue on occasions.

His deductions over a period of time was that the Royal Marines has the most ‘adventurous’ of awaiting lady partners and that Salisbury Plain based Army Units had the most women arrive in their own cars (forget the military provided coaches) to allow for pulling over in the gorgeous, Oxfordshire countryside as soon as practically possible for the lady and her dusty hero to enjoy all that he had been missing while on tour.

The infantry wives and girlfriends would normally wear the very shortest of skirts or shorts. Daisy Dukes he soon learned was the nomenclature of such.

The HERRICK ramp up was an absolute boon for him and he became a regular obsessive observer of the fashions that sweet young ladies would dress up in to meet and greet their loved ones.

I he also hates Movers too.

Last edited:

Latest Threads