I had to giggle - Dogma?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by furry_dude, Jul 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just seen on the evening news; the Catholic Church has anounced that ordaining female priests is the gravest wrongdoing (paraphase).

Surprised that this wasn't the way they described touching little boys!!

I'm not religous and this is not intended as anti-catholic thread, but WTF; get priorities in order fellas!
  2. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Traditionalist Anglican High-Church and Anglo-Catholics don't really approve either, the ordination of Women Bishops is causing no amount of problems for the CoE.

Dogma is a bugger, mind you the Kirk did a better job regarding this they've had female Ministers for donkeys years - though the Kirk does still have a propensity to schism every now and then
  3. CoE shouldn't have many dramas; the head of their Church is HM Queen!
  4. I agree with furry dude - how can this possibly be worse than the killing, torture, starvation and cruelty happening in the world??????????
  5. rampant

You'd think so Poppy, but the pettiness of faith and dogma is far more important to the Church Princes than the suffering of others. It's ridiculous.
  6. That means rape, pillage and genocide is still ok fantastic
  7. rampant

Of course it is, its sanctioned by the Church:D
  8. Cost of security for popes visit has risen to £12M.

But if it keeps our kids safe it's worth it.
  9. I am not. I do not believe for one minute that the apology was sincere. If it was then the Church itself would have exposed the wrongdoing, not the press. It was a purely damage-limitation exercise IMO.
  10. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

The apology came because they were caught out, NOT because they suddenly decided this was a bad thing.:( Probably had his fingers crossed at the time of apology.
  11. Not including the 2000+ coaches that's expected to see the chief nonce talking of turning part of the M74 into a coach park to accommodate the masses of the gullible fuck knows how much traffic jams it will cause in and around Glasgow that day adding to lost revenue to firms etc. Ireally hope the apprentance boys put a show on that day considering it's about 0.5miles from Ibrox
  12. Brilliant.I'm borrowing that.
  13. The Anglican Church seems to have ridden the storm of women priests quite well, except in the ultra conservative African and Asian dioceses. The real problem now comes from the ordination of chutney ferreting hot fudge containment technicians here and in the rabidly wet handshaking American daughter firm, the Episcopal church. That doesn't sit well with the Africans, oh no sir it doesn't.

The Kirk started well as churches go, their propensity for plunging Britain into bloody civil war at regular intervals between periods of murder, mayhem, intolerance and civil strife at least made their history worth reading. They used to score highly in the Church you wouldn't want next door league. They seem to have lost their way of late and become, well, awfee dreagh...
  14. Class! I can't wait to use that, I hope the Pope visits Paderborn soon!
  15. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

He's going to Glasgow? Now I feel sorry for the Pope.