I had it on authority that this bloke was guilty... I hope he rots in hell.

D

Deleted 20555

I did think it was a bit odd that some arbitrary innocent was hauled off the street and fitted up.

CRmeansCeilingReached

ADC
the police being "overzealous" involved them fabricating what was actually "confessed" in interview by the four suspects.

"when the handwritten notes were compared with the typed ones there was a 'complete shift in times and . . . a complete change in what was actually said'"

don't know if he was "guilty" or "innocent" in the wider meaning of the term, but it has long been established that three police officers amended (or completely fabricated - it is unclear) supposedly "contemporaneous" interview records. if you think that is acceptable behaviour for a copper, just because he thinks he has the right person in the interview room... then our standards probably differ somewhat.

I know it extremely frustrating sometimes, and really unfair that the burden of proof is on us, but if you can't prove that someone is unequivocably guilty then they are innocent.......

D

Deleted 20555

I did quite like his defence that he wasn't a member of the IRA as they felt that he drug dealing thieving scum and not the sort of people they would wish to associate with...

I can't claim knowledge either way but apparently the plod aren't looking for anyone else, anywhere.

I heard they are looking for 4 x bicycling MPs in the Westminster area. :)

And personally for all their shortcomings I hope they catch them, preferably with a piano wire across Downing Strasse and at 5 feet.
(No intentional harm was offered or intended to the underclass that infests British Politics)

Last edited:

ACAB

LE
There are quite a few feckin so called 'serious posters' on here who need to get over themselves. If he didn't do it, or the Birmingham 6 or the McGuire 7 then just who the **** did?

My old man (RIP) was part of the Birmingham 6 investigation. I don't think his opinion of them would survive moderation.

There are quite a few feckin so called 'serious posters' on here who need to get over themselves. If he didn't do it, or the Birmingham 6 or the McGuire 7 then just the **** who did?

My old man (RIP) was part of the Birmingham 6 investigation. I don't think his opinion if them would survive moderation.

Nail, head and it's early hours yet. Take a like mate.

CRmeansCeilingReached

ADC
There are quite a few feckin so called 'serious posters' on here who need to get over themselves. If he didn't do it, or the Birmingham 6 or the McGuire 7 then just who the **** did?

Well, with argumentative logic like that... "It must be them, because we don't know who else it could have been." :)

They might have got the right people. They might not. We don't know, because some police officers seemingly decided to pervert the course of justice by amending or fabricating evidence.

We can have the moral argument if you like: whether it is right to fit up someone whom you know is guilty? Should be an interesting chat with a copper :)

Well, with argumentative logic like that... "It must be them, because we don't know who else it could have been." :)

They might have got the right people. They might not. We don't know, because some police officers seemingly decided to pervert the course of justice by amending or fabricating evidence.

We can have the moral argument if you like: whether it is right to fit up someone whom you know is guilty? Should be an interesting chat with a copper :)

CR. If there's one thing about my service that I never even considered way back in mid 1966 when I took the shilling was that various bits of history that I was part of being rewritten before my eyes. It has become so because in UK we appear to have a corrupt and venal political elite.

ACAB

LE

I bow before your Supreme Knowledge, Oh Wise One. Well, no I don't as a matter of fact. Have we hugely expensive enquiries into the deaths caused by the so called 'Guildford 4', 'Birmingham 6' and 'McGuire 7'?

No. No we don't. So how about you just **** off.

I bow before your Supreme Knowledge, Oh Wise One. Well, no I don't as a matter of fact. Have we hugely expensive enquiries into the deaths caused by the so called 'Guildford 4', 'Birmingham 6' and 'McGuire 7'?

No. No we don't. So how about you just **** off.

It would be nice if we could, to which Sinn Fein/IRA has to stump up all the costs.

ACAB

LE
"It was definitely them because yeah but no but yeah but shut up."

I'm pretty glad we don't jail people on logic like that.
WTF are you on about? Have you any idea what is involved in a terrorist prosecution (pre 9/11) in this country?

"It was definitely them because yeah but no but yeah but shut up."

I'm pretty glad we don't jail people on logic like that.

Couldn't agree more but as has been said, plod haven't ever looked for anyone else and the judge found the former verdict 'unsafe' and no more.