I found a wallet in the pub...

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by cmt...hopefully, Sep 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ...yep, there it was staring up at me in the gents.
    No, not my todger, the wallet. Stuffed with at least £150 in notes.

Good Samaritan that I am, I hand the wallet to the barman.

Should I have pocketed the notes, then handed it in?
    Or did I do the right thing and I shall receive my reward in heaven?
  2. that was my wallet I must have been to pi**ed to realise i had dropped it in fact I was so drunk I cant even remember the pubs I have been into tonight can you refresh my memory and name the pub
  3. It had photo ID in it, so unless you're a kinda pathetic looking security guard aged 60+...

...the pub's called...
  4. You do realise the barman is going to pocket the cash and blame it on you, right?
  5. For £150 quid I can be any one you like :D
  6. What the fcuk do you want to go to Heaven for?

As another ARRSE member pointed out to me the other day, "why would you want to go there, you won't know anyone"
  7. Well that's mine then
    Thanks heaps you're a good lad
    can you mail me the cash.........
  8. If you had handed it into a police station then the owner would have got the full contents back. Barmen are not known for their diligence to the straight and narrow.
  9. I found a wallet in a London pub and handed it in. Ihe bar staff were very surprised that I did so.

Little Japanese chap reclaimed it five mins later and didn't even offer to buy me a drink even though the girl behind pointed me out to him.
  10. It was mine, returned without cash. Please mail me the 150 quid to cover your negligence. Thanks.
  11. A mate of mine (w-o-t-w) left his mobile in a Croydon pub, as I was the last person he called one of the bar staff rang me so I then had to trapse round my mates drinking spots to find him so he could go and get it. Needless to say I was surprised at the honesty of the bar staff.
  12. Thats not typical of the Japanese. Out here if you lose a wallet the person who finds it will usually make an effort to track down the owner. Traditionally the owner of the wallet gives 10% of whatever cash is in the wallet as a reward.
    There is very little theft here either, in most places it is perfectly safe to leave a wallet and mobile phone on the table/bar whilst you go to the toilet and it will still be there when you get back.

Just another reason why I prefer it here to London
  13. put the boot on the other foot - YOU get your wallet returned with the money you need to buy food and heat your house?
    Morally you are beyond reproach.
    on the other hand, you are a twat.
  14. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

When I was a barman I WAS known for my borderline obsessive honesty. Made me a couple of enemies amoungst the other staff, but hey, those cnuts could go and swivvel.
  15. And being able to buy foil wrapped schoolies soiled knickers out the vending machine another?