I found a wallet in the pub...

#1
...yep, there it was staring up at me in the gents.
No, not my todger, the wallet. Stuffed with at least £150 in notes.

Good Samaritan that I am, I hand the wallet to the barman.

Should I have pocketed the notes, then handed it in?
Or did I do the right thing and I shall receive my reward in heaven?
 
#2
that was my wallet I must have been to pi**ed to realise i had dropped it in fact I was so drunk I cant even remember the pubs I have been into tonight can you refresh my memory and name the pub
 
#6
What the fcuk do you want to go to Heaven for?

As another ARRSE member pointed out to me the other day, "why would you want to go there, you won't know anyone"
 
#7
cmt...hopefully said:
It had photo ID in it, so unless you're a kinda pathetic looking security guard aged 60+...

...the pub's called...
Well that's mine then
Thanks heaps you're a good lad
can you mail me the cash.........
 
#8
If you had handed it into a police station then the owner would have got the full contents back. Barmen are not known for their diligence to the straight and narrow.
 
#9
I found a wallet in a London pub and handed it in. Ihe bar staff were very surprised that I did so.

Little Japanese chap reclaimed it five mins later and didn't even offer to buy me a drink even though the girl behind pointed me out to him.
 
S

stabradop

Guest
#11
A mate of mine (w-o-t-w) left his mobile in a Croydon pub, as I was the last person he called one of the bar staff rang me so I then had to trapse round my mates drinking spots to find him so he could go and get it. Needless to say I was surprised at the honesty of the bar staff.
 
#12
Thats not typical of the Japanese. Out here if you lose a wallet the person who finds it will usually make an effort to track down the owner. Traditionally the owner of the wallet gives 10% of whatever cash is in the wallet as a reward.
There is very little theft here either, in most places it is perfectly safe to leave a wallet and mobile phone on the table/bar whilst you go to the toilet and it will still be there when you get back.

Just another reason why I prefer it here to London
 
#13
put the boot on the other foot - YOU get your wallet returned with the money you need to buy food and heat your house?
Morally you are beyond reproach.
on the other hand, you are a twat.
 

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
#14
When I was a barman I WAS known for my borderline obsessive honesty. Made me a couple of enemies amoungst the other staff, but hey, those cnuts could go and swivvel.
 
#15
gaijin said:
Thats not typical of the Japanese. Out here if you lose a wallet the person who finds it will usually make an effort to track down the owner. Traditionally the owner of the wallet gives 10% of whatever cash is in the wallet as a reward.
There is very little theft here either, in most places it is perfectly safe to leave a wallet and mobile phone on the table/bar whilst you go to the toilet and it will still be there when you get back.

Just another reason why I prefer it here to London
And being able to buy foil wrapped schoolies soiled knickers out the vending machine another?
 
#17
Ref: barman's potential lack of morality...how long does it take to write out a list of contents and then get a signature on receipt? A lot longer than trousering £150...

You did the right thing. Well done and ignore all of those who say they would and you should have copped the lot. In these situations I apply a simple test, I ask myself "What would baby Jesus have done?" Then after throwing up a pint of breast milk and sh1tting myself I hand the wallet in.
 
#18
brettarider said:
gaijin said:
Thats not typical of the Japanese. Out here if you lose a wallet the person who finds it will usually make an effort to track down the owner. Traditionally the owner of the wallet gives 10% of whatever cash is in the wallet as a reward.
There is very little theft here either, in most places it is perfectly safe to leave a wallet and mobile phone on the table/bar whilst you go to the toilet and it will still be there when you get back.

Just another reason why I prefer it here to London
And being able to buy foil wrapped schoolies soiled knickers out the vending machine another?
goes without saying
 
#19
I was sitting in a bar once when a biker dude sat down beside me, he was pished as fcuk. About an hour later the barman wouldn't serve him anymore so he reached over and put a steely fist around my glass and scooped it up. Discretion (chickeness) said I should leave him alone and not worry about it.

I left not long after him and just as I was getting to the exit I spotted the smelly bikers wallet on the floor which I deftly pocketed. I scored over 1,000 sobs.

Heaven waits for no man, specially me.
 
#20
mushroom said:
I found a wallet in a London pub and handed it in. Ihe bar staff were very surprised that I did so.

Little Japanese chap reclaimed it five mins later and didn't even offer to buy me a drink even though the girl behind pointed me out to him.[/quoteWhat and you didn't show him the sparks?. :omfg:
 

Latest Threads