I feel the need, the need for speed (loader)

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by freedomman, Jun 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I appeal to the tender mercies of Arrsers everywhere!

Some thieving pikey b'stard has stolen my speed-loader.
    (Agreed that I originally stole it from someone else, but they were from a different Sqn and shouldn't have left it lying around.....)

I do realise that the chances of me getting another one before the weekend are about as likely as getting a gastric band fitted on the Zimbabwean NHS.

However, if anyone has a buckshee one and can throw it in the post for me I'm willing to pay you or donate to a worthy cause.

Ta!

2. Try eBay =D

3. Donate to the begging bowl and I will send you one tomorrow. Pm me were to send it.

4. Order one online. I think RVOps have them? If not try other army surplus stores - most offer next day delivery or the usual 3-day-ish delivery.

5. Why not try the SQMS/CQMS?

6. and don't forget to bring along your sense of humour! :lol:

7. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

I have a gash one ,if you need it,PM me.

8. Tried a few surplus stores including RVOps to no avail.

Google throws up naught but airsoft sh1t. Imagine the look on the Range Controllers face when he spots me stuffing BB's into my gat.....

Storesbloke Dave tells me he can't get any soon. This seems too subtle an attempt to invite a bribe, but I will offer the obligatory HobNobs...

Ebay was an option, but there's nothing on that would reach me before the weekend, hence my request!

It seems to have worked, thanks Spike and Shortarms for the offers.

9. Oooh, shiny!

Even the 'issue' placcy one is an object of desire, imagine the harumphs that that thing would attract!

10. Wow, thats impressive!

11. I paid about 1.50 for my speed loader. Try your local army or navy store they should stock them.

12. Saw it, bought it, don't work! May be ok with the normal metal stripper-clips though.

We're using some Septic 5.56 at the moment which comes on grey plastic stripper-clips. These are much thicker than the metal ones and are a right pain to use. Everyone resorts to breaking them down and bombing-up a round at a time.
    However, I seem to have found the knack of using the thermold speed-loader and another mag to push the rounds down. Works for me!