"I don't quite understand - how does one culpably and recklessly produce electricity?

Maybe the petrol nearby could have caused an explosion?

I recall in Sarajevo that people stripped down their washing machines, fitted fins to the motors and stuck them on a raft in the river to generate electricity.

Just off looking for a photo:

Like this, but there's a shot somewhere with about 20 such devices.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Fiscal depute Laura Bruce said: "The Crown's position is that he had this man-made assembly in his house suspended from the ceiling by thin ropes.
Anybody know of an electrical generating system that was made by hippopotamuses?

Last time I looked, all electrical generating systems were 'man-made'.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Hippopotamuses and electricity - we have history.

Hippo vs Toaster.jpg

Love to know the details of the generating arrangement.

Anybody know of an electrical generating system that was made by hippopotamuses?

Last time I looked, all electrical generating systems were 'man-made'.
Thunderclouds do a pretty good job :) .......

Poor sod was probably grassed by an energy company.

Some farmer (here) in the Mid-west years ago was done for burying a cable beneath his fields - coincidentally beneath high tension lines - and getting free power that way. I never did understand the technology of it, though. Induction??

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Love to know the details of the generating arrangement.
Listened to it yesterday on Radio Scotland, no details revealed to stop others trying to copycat dangerous method.

Risks would appear linked to large piece of machinery inadequately supported and presence of too much petrol.

Appearing in front of Sheriff is to do with endangering others in same building.

Just wondering if had been a wee crofter out in a glen somewhere if there could get same charge to stick.

Listened to it yesterday on Radio Scotland, no details revealed to stop others trying to copycat dangerous method.

Risks would appear linked to large piece of machinery inadequately supported and presence of too much petrol.

Appearing in front of Sheriff is to do with endangering others in same building.

Just wondering if had been a wee crofter out in a glen somewhere if there could get same charge to stick.
The wee crofter out in a glen would use peat to power his well tested and probably more efficient producer of "energy". He would even wash the bottles by hand - no electricity required.

And any explosion would just shake the rats from the thatch! (In the croft, not in Dundee - tougher rats there).

I'm not so surprised that someone managed to be reckless in their attempts at power generation, but you're telling me some mp thought "Mmmm, we don't have enough laws to keep the cops busy, lets make it illegal to recklessly produce electricity" and a cop who actually knows there is such a law?! Talk about first world problems, eh?

You guys need to start handing out pistols with benefits every month, that'll liven things up and keep the fuckers busy!

I'm not so surprised that someone managed to be reckless in their attempts at power generation, but you're telling me some mp thought "Mmmm, we don't have enough laws to keep the cops busy, lets make it illegal to recklessly produce electricity" and a cop who actually knows there is such a law?! Talk about first world problems, eh?

You guys need to start handing out pistols with benefits every month, that'll liven things up and keep the fuckers busy!
Oh dear.... no, its not the "cops" who dealt with this...

It's a very broad-based law, saffa;

Culpable and Reckless Conduct is a Common Law offence under Scots Law.
The offence has no specific definition but deals with acts involving a criminal degree of recklessness which cause injury to other persons or create a risk of such injury. It will often be charged in parallel with other offences such as Wilful fire raising where it is clear that a criminal offence has occurred but the exact offence(s) committed need to be determined by the facts proven in court. The offence carries a maximum punishment of life imprisonment but the circumstances (and thus the eventual sentence applied) of individual cases will often fall short of requiring such a punishment and might not proceed beyond the Sheriff court which has limited sentencing powers.