I dont have a mobile phone....

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by RangeStew, Sep 11, 2009.

1. No and never will

2. Yes, I annoy others by chatting in public

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I don't have a mobile phone and don't intend on getting one. I find it irritating that wherever I go 50% of the population are inanely chatting at the top of their voices into mobile phones.

I wondered, as a complete dullard, how many other arrse users DON'T have a mobile phone.
  2. I'll let you know soon as I've finished sending a text and made a couple of calls
  3. I have two mobiles, and am thus a wanted terrorist according to the met posters.

One is work supplied and gets turned off evenings/weekends/holidays - the other is personal.
  4. According to OFCOM there are 10 million more mobile phone connections than there is UK population, this therefore makes you an incredible minority, I'm impressed!

I have one but occasionally do enjoy being separated from it, but could I live without one, no chance!
  5. I have one but it is always turned off and kept in my car.
    Ask Gordo to establish mobile free zones - if it gets votes we are bound to see it in legislation
  6. I was a Luddite like you RS, got one about a year ago, now my whole life(admin wise) is on the phone, and I would probably be lost without it.I know it's sad, but I blame my kids for the brainwashing, the words "get with it dad", still resonates.

Get one, you'll be king of the texters within weeks.

7. I was at a wedding recently and the whole area of the venue had virtually no reception (no pun intended).

As someone who could remember the days before mobiles I coped. Many others spent the whole time flapping. It seems we a creating a generation of people who cannot function without mobiles nor plan in advance for situations where there is no reception.
  8. I admit i have a phone to which i'm physically attached, as the bloke type thing is in green and can sometimes only get in touch at odd times. That being said when we were recently on holiday in Devon, we had no reception and it was utter bliss! We could switch them off chuck them in the car and forget about them....heaven
  9. I do, but then I need to function in the real world (and not spend my day wearing women's tights, thumb frottling to Hitler speeches like you).
  10. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

I have neither phone, I - pod nor Playstation or X box

I have choosen my Avatar carefully :wink:
  11. I have one for work, as I work away from the office for the majority of the time. It is a necessary evil. I hate the fcuking thing tho... All these 'hilarious' jokes that are circulated. Or the texts that you ignore, only to get another 3 asking why I have not replied. I get annoyed when I am speaking to someone, and they recieve a message, and immediately dive into their phone whilst still talking to me to read it. I always tell them 'finish this conversation before you begin another'. I think they have made people rude, impatient and unreliable. We used to arrange to meet someone and then actually turn up! The worst tho, are those calls that ask you 'whos this?' to which I always say 'You called me, who do you want' or 'where are you?'. Rant, rant, rant..... Hate 'em!
  12. Fair comment, I don't function in the real world. On the upside my planet is full of bicycle seats that have just been used by Joanna Lumley.
  13. I'm in. Burning phone now :D
  14. I have one, its hardly ever switched on and when it is I only answer it occasionally, I think the last time I brought credit was for the plinth thing, about a month and a half ago I topped up a tenner and still have about £9.80 credit.
  15. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

What fcks me off is when people feel an overwhelming urge to call back an unknown number. It might well have been important and, if it was, I'm sure they'll ring back. You ringing them and saying "someone from your number just called me" makes you look like a muppet.

Christ, I don't often ring back missed calls from people I do know.

If I lost my phone I'd be screwed for phone numbers... but my girlfriend would be in a lot more trouble ;)