I didnt hear it on Radio 4 ....

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by whiffler, Jul 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Heading out 07:15'ish, the bloke on Today including in the list of topics to be covered the fact that head of SAS was to be sacked as he is too keen on going on ops with the boys.

Can't find any reference on BBC site, nor on arrse - not interested in his name.

What was the gist of the story/interview ?.
  2. Ta for that - although I can't see how the BBC could trail that story in the way I heard it.

Anyone hear the radio feature ?.
  3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

From what it says in the Torygraph, he's had fun, enjoyed himself, achieved what he wanted to and now is after the big bucks in the private sector.

If his heart's not in the job anymore, good luck to him. 'THEY' need someone who is committed to the job 110%, and this chap isn't anymore.
  4. Typical Green Jacket - off to earn mega bucks in the City
  5. Ah, that's the one. Allowing for the Sun's history of over-blowing a story and the Telegraph's sober reporting, I suppose the truth lies somewhere in between.
  6. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

According to The Scum he was a Para.

But wouldn't be the first from the 'Swift and Bold'.
  7. Try the 'Today' programme, Radio 4. lf you have a playback facility on your computer download it, scan for the item you are looking for - something should appear.
  8. I can't playback - and they don't provide transcripts. The Scum article seems to have inspired yesterday's Today piece.