• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

I ******* detest TalkTalk

I'm with Talk Talk and yes they are a bunch of f**kwits. Ever since they moved the sodding Customer Service Centre to Mumbai or something simialr - they are fecking usless. UK customer might have more confidence if the Customer Service Centre was brought back in house to the UK

One of my neighbours was on TalkTalk FibreOp, getting download speeds of 3 Mb. How the hell is that even possible? He's now with BT and getting the same as me, 72 Mb.

Blame two contractor companies who I will not name. They frequently pinch pairs to get their job closed off, strip back insulation on cables to see if a pair is free and leave it like that or cut pairs off to test for service and leave it cut off rather than reterminate the pair.

As for at least ten days, this is news to me as the majority of faults are cleared within three days of being reported. Also get with the brand, it is Openreach. Nothing else!
Make that 3. I fix the broadband same as vampire and it seems there is another company that is sent out before us that think the answer to everything is change the socket or completely shag up the internal wiring and then say the fault is outside!!
Couple of points from the comments, PlusNet have been owned by BT for every long time around 2010 not a new thing. Appointments are a pain in the arse as some desk jockey has decided how long a job will take and a machine will allocate appointments accordingly. So a job in a street in town will be allocated the same to be fixed as farmer joe's remote farm in the back of beyond and it is just feasible to get to that am task. @vampireuk sending a pm ref one of thise companies

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
Happily and for about 15 years I was with Tiscali, then they were bought out by Talk Talk. There is not enough space on this thread to relate all the problems that followed, every time I rang Talk Talk I got a standard reply from them 'We are sorry but we don't recognize your details' They had recognized them enough to send me demanding letters! They wouldn't let me leave without giving them £58 early leaving punishment, even though I had not really ever been on there books. I am now with BT, efficient in my opinion but not cheap.
I got my own back by going on to Talk Talk website/Blog a few times a week and along with the many others on there, I slagged them off, though I feel they couldn't care less about that.

Happily and for about 15 years I was with Tiscali, then they were bought out by Talk Talk. There is not enough space on this thread to relate all the problems that followed, every time I rang Talk Talk I got a standard reply from them 'We are sorry but we don't recognize your details' They had recognized them enough to send me demanding letters! They wouldn't let me leave without giving them £58 early leaving punishment, even though I had not really ever been on there books. I am now with BT, efficient in my opinion but not cheap.
I got my own back by going on to Talk Talk website/Blog a few times a week and along with the many others on there, I slagged them off, though I feel they couldn't care less about that.
On the plus side, if they don't recognise your details, they can't loose them in a mass data breach?

In total, 156,959 TalkTalk customers had their personal details stolen by hackers who accessed names, addresses, dates of birth, phone numbers and email addresses. There were also 15,656 incidents where the hacker had access to the bank account details and sort codes of customers. In addition, 28,000 customers had their obscured credit and debit card number accessed.
TalkTalk hack leaves company with £400,000 fine | WIRED UK

Shame it was a really easy attack too. I do like chatting with their people in town centres when they try to get you to sign up.

One of my neighbours was on TalkTalk FibreOp, getting download speeds of 3 Mb. How the hell is that even possible? He's now with BT and getting the same as me, 72 Mb.
Very good, but what are they charging? Last week I spotted my BT bill amongst all the rubbish and for the first time in years fingered through it. I discovered that I was paying the brutes over twice what other providers charge, and for broadband, not fibre. Outraged, I was, and made them aware of my displeasure. They continue to email and phone me with weasel words (dealt with contemptuously, of course), but my account is now wholly with Sky, and fibrous.

I use Teamviewer at work to remotely access one of our BMS systems.

It doesn't work however when I'm at home (where I need to use it most to save on travelling into the office) because of the Talktalk router.

When trying to connect it states "connection unavailable".
Have you tried calling them never served civvy cunts. That usually helps :)

Very good, but what are they charging? Last week I spotted my BT bill amongst all the rubbish and for the first time in years fingered through it. I discovered that I was paying the brutes over twice what other providers charge, and for broadband, not fibre. Outraged, I was, and made them aware of my displeasure. They continue to email and phone me with weasel words (dealt with contemptuously, of course), but my account is now wholly with Sky, and fibrous.
You're quite correct, BT Infinity costs about 80% more, but it generally works, unlike TalkShite. You can get the BT price down, though, by calling retentions.

I got their complaints centre in sunny India, after explaing my problem (Talk Talk) and giving them the most recent 5 ticket numbers of 15, their solution was to either put the phone down on me, or give me a ticket number.
I'm with Origin now, spent a month with shtty BB, repeatedly told them to reset the DSLAM, guess what, TalkTalk business came into the conversation ref, my account. Sending an engineer to check the line is free, so guess what quasi- talk-talk did, check the line 3 times before resetting the DSLAM, which fixed the problem, as explained to the not to clever BB engineer as I showed him my data rates for the last 30 hours on the PC.Resetting the the DSLAM is billable for engineering work, even though it's done remotely. All of 10 seconds typing. Now they are thinking of giving providers 1000 free DSLAM resets a day.

Last edited:

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
My eldest lad was having a rant at Talk Talk call centre Mumbai about two years ago, he went on a bit much. Mr Sandeep Patel who knew a bit about 'English colloquialism' told him to 'Shut the fuck up! and put the phone down on him.

strangely, have been with talk talk for years without many problems,

speed will always be a problem here (saying that , just checked and getting 54mbs), we have a brand new high speed fibre junction about 100 yards from the house , and two rusty wires connecting all of us to it

supposed to be getting fibre up the hill soon , when enough people sign up to sky, but as we are all old farts ,and only use the internet to send complaining e mails it doesn't affect many of us...(and to connect to ARRSE of course)

I’m currently looking at broadband TV packages. Curren5ly with sky, but fed up of paying for 100’s of channels of shite I don’t use.

Mrs SA needs some telly though with catch up, record facility. Can’t get virgin, I’d rather eat my own foot than entertain BT based on previous experience.

I’ve been considering EETV. Anyone had any experience of them. I hav3 my mobile with them with no issues. Worth a punt?

I’m currently looking at broadband TV packages. Curren5ly with sky, but fed up of paying for 100’s of channels of shite I don’t use.

Mrs SA needs some telly though with catch up, record facility. Can’t get virgin, I’d rather eat my own foot than entertain BT based on previous experience.

I’ve been considering EETV. Anyone had any experience of them. I hav3 my mobile with them with no issues. Worth a punt?
Just to buck the trend, I'd recommend TalkTalk! Once the initial start up hiccups have been sorted out, I've had no problem with them. Yes, customer service is in some far flung ex-colony where English is not the first language, but isn't that the way with most of them? And they certainly are the cheapest.

Just to buck the trend, I'd recommend TalkTalk! Once the initial start up hiccups have been sorted out, I've had no problem with them. Yes, customer service is in some far flung ex-colony where English is not the first language, but isn't that the way with most of them? And they certainly are the cheapest.

PLUSNET fast fibre [60Mbps ] anytime calls to landline and mobiles
cost £38 / month, customer service UK based [not used em yet]

speed test vie WiFi
ping 19ms
53.93Mbps download
16.23Mbps