• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

I ******* detest TalkTalk

PLUSNET fast fibre [60Mbps ] anytime calls to landline and mobiles
cost £38 / month, customer service UK based [not used em yet]

speed test vie WiFi
ping 19ms
53.93Mbps download
16.23Mbps
TalkTalk fast broadband with recordable TV package - £25.95/month

TalkTalk

Some years ago we TalkTalk as our landline supplier - the cost and provided service was fine and importantly, cheaper than BT.

At some point, in the depths of a dispute with Virgin Media, we decided to have a trial with TalkTalk broadband (supplied on the copper wired instead of cable). They duly changed our landline package to a phone and broadband trial offer. It was utter shite... on a par with the old dial up service so before the end of the trial period we cancelled the broadband and ask to revert back to our phone only service.

A million reasons why that could not happen and why we had to pay more for an identical landline service package later and we changed to BT which was suddenly by far the better offer.

Never been back to TalkTalk since and very very likely never will.

Just to buck the trend, I'd recommend TalkTalk! Once the initial start up hiccups have been sorted out, I've had no problem with them. Yes, customer service is in some far flung ex-colony where English is not the first language, but isn't that the way with most of them? And they certainly are the cheapest.
You'll be sooorrrryyyyyy...

When you lose the internet for a month and waste over £60 on the phone, talking to a shower of shite parroting, "Have you tried rebooting ?" in a barely understandable accent........ that's when you'll change your definition of "Cheap "
Cheap has the same number of letters as Shite.
A coincidence?
I think not.

Just to buck the trend, I'd recommend TalkTalk! Once the initial start up hiccups have been sorted out, I've had no problem with them. Yes, customer service is in some far flung ex-colony where English is not the first language, but isn't that the way with most of them? And they certainly are the cheapest.
Got to say I was tempted by them, the I read this thread. TBH there’s not a lot of choice out there for alternative TV to sky

Got to say I was tempted by them, the I read this thread. TBH there’s not a lot of choice out there for alternative TV to sky
You might try Freesat- it's free and certainly meets my needs. Freeview dies the job too. Sky are simply a bunch of robbing cnuts.

When you lose the internet for a month and waste over £60 on the phone, talking to a shower of shite parroting, "Have you tried rebooting ?" in a barely understandable accent........ that's when you'll change your definition of "Cheap "
I've used TalkTalk since 2006. In that time, I have moved to different properties 4 times. Both children have TalkTalk at their respective abodes. The only time I have ever had problems with TalkTalk was with the initial going live dates not being what they promised, the longest delay being about a month, and I was compensated well for that lost time. The first time I signed up with TalkTalk, they sent me a start up disc that clashed with the antivirus software I already had loaded on my PC and crashed the hard drive. Despite that being partly my fault (I didn't read the installation instructions that told me to disable any pre-installed antivirus), without a quibble TT paid for a new hard drive that was double the size of the original hard drive.
Maybe I'm a rarity, but I'll stick with them and my savings of over £100 a year, thank you.

Last edited:
I've got a freesat box and the t.v. has built in freeview (when i can be arsed to reconnect the aerial).
I used to work for Sky, robbing bastards. I won't have sky tv in the house now.

PLUSNET fast fibre [60Mbps ] anytime calls to landline and mobiles
cost £38 / month, customer service UK based [not used em yet]

speed test vie WiFi
ping 19ms
53.93Mbps download
16.23Mbps
Used Plusnet.... no problem, UK call (Sheffield)? centre, only moved because of cost but will happily move back if the price is right.

ugly

LE
Used Plusnet.... no problem, UK call (Sheffield)? centre, only moved because of cost but will happily move back if the price is right.
I left plusnet after BT bought them. I left BT before that as they disconnected our phone and broadband whilst I was on holiday as an unused line. 3 effing weeks I was away and had a house sitter too.
With Talk Talk now, apart from remembering how to bar the scammers calls on my phone I am reasonably happy. The scammers now used recorded messages as they didn't like being abused or even told I wasn't with talk talk.

I left plusnet after BT bought them. I left BT before that as they disconnected our phone and broadband whilst I was on holiday as an unused line. 3 effing weeks I was away and had a house sitter too.
With Talk Talk now, apart from remembering how to bar the scammers calls on my phone I am reasonably happy. The scammers now used recorded messages as they didn't like being abused or even told I wasn't with talk talk.
They use the recorded messages to get round the Call Preference Service too, apparently they can't be done if call start with a recorded message :rolleyes::rolleyes:

ugly

LE
The last one (I've had two this morning so far) was using a Morpeth area code. five minutes later a customer rang from Morpeth, how I didn't swear down the phone at her I'll never know!

I sent an Email of complaint to TalkTalk, my monthly Direct Debit payments was £31-00 somethen, then it went up to £40-00, now my latest bill is £51-00. I think they are taking the piss. Talkalk provides my telephone land-line and Inernet access only. I rafely make calls but I have to find out why they are rasing prices.

I sent this Email and I received a replay asking for my TalkTalk account details, password and bank details - no way Hssey I responded, Sounds like a scam Email in response to my original complaint. If they have my account details in their Customer Billing system, then they have those details already.

Apparently TalkTalk have closed down all their Indian Call Centres due to the masses of complains from customers and the hacked Cutomer accouns etc. The new UK call centres are supposed to be in the Midlands and one in the Scotland somewhere; and brought everything in-house to the UK - not sure if this is correct or not. However, if they still want my account details, then they can contact me via Snail mail.

Apparently TalkTalk have closed down all their Indian Call Centres due to the masses of complains from customers and the hacked Cutomer accouns etc. The new UK call centres are supposed to be in the Midlands and one in the Scotland somewhere; and brought everything in-house to the UK - not sure if this is correct or not. However, if they still want my account details, then they can contact me via Snail mail.
So moved from India to Pakistan