I Cant Wait For The Olympics to Start - The Paralympics...!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Santa_Sunday, Aug 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now that's PROPER sporting entertainment.

What events are my fellow arrsers looking forward to....??

(*Gets the beers in - gets ready to laugh; a lot...!)
  2. The Three legged Egg and Spoon Balloon Popping Obstacle Course Race, World Record 23hours, 42 mins and 25 Secs. WR Holder and current Paralympics Champion our very own Jimmy 'Spanners' Driblet.
    It's the Balloons that get 'em the rest of the course measures 100 metres.
  3. im looking forward to them all hitting their heads in the 100m wheelchair hurdles.....
  4. The mong kayaking. Just because, ok?
  5. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Me too - they can windmill those paddles around far faster than the able-bodied athletes.
  6. The drugs tests. So easy. You don't need to ge ta urine test, just swab their p'ss soaked trousers
  7. They've just shown some bird, in bra and jeans, being man-handled away from the opening ceremony. :rofl:

I don't get paralympics at all.
    Weren't they saying just now that someone who had not had any interest in sport/athletics might get something removed and become eligible in 2012? :roll:
  8. I know this is the NAAFI, and anything goes however, for at least here in Canuckistan, the Paraplympics folks have been assisting our CF personnel for some time. They set up a fund for wounded members called Soldier On. http://www.cfpsa.com/en/psp/SoldierOn/index.asp

I believe some of the Cdn paralympic team members are CF members as well. You might even find on the UK team a few injured soldiers as well.

I'm hoping the OP has confused the paralympics with the special olympics. If that be the case, then he's a mong himself.
  9. Why do I get the impression that people are mixing up the Paralympics with the Special Olympics? :roll:

Mongs/people with intellectual difficulties/brummies were banned from the Paralympics after 2004 because they were cheating and weren't in fact mongs after all.

Fcuking hell, I think there would be a fleet of outrage buses/petitions all over the place if civvies started slagging off service personnel who had been permanently injured whilst on duty so why the hell do some people on here feel the need to have a go at athletes who are paralysed or are amputees?

There's humour and there is bad taste (even in the Naafi forum). This thread is the latter.
  10. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

If you lot want to get together for a nice outrage party, I know a nice hotel we could stop at.
  11. How come Mongolia doesn't win all the medals at the Special Olympics then...?
  12. Seriously, I didn't mean to offend. It's just that I struggle with the concept. I had a Google search to try to educate myself a bit.

I discovered this:

I had to read this bit twice: :omg:

13. I've been watching the Paralympics opening ceremony since 1pm and there's not been a single punch-up or badly spelled tattoo in all that time. If someone doesn't start a game of freckles soon, I'm turning over.
  14. Sounds sexual, did MDN develop this technique :D
  15. The opening ceromony - did MDN have a hand in the design of the outfits? - the one piece semi inflatable latex numbers would be a hit with any self-respecting / abusing deviant. :)