I cant believe it!!

Discussion in 'RLC' started by bombdr2494, Apr 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Some people will have read my previous thread on the circumstances regarding my med discharge, but things went to an all time low the other day.
    I went to see the RAO as my cc is on tour, i asked what was happening regards pay that i was owed (i broke my back on op Telic and spent 8 months in rehab, and having surgery) the army still billed me for food and accomodation the whole time) i had asked and asked my cc who allways gave the reply it will be in in two weeks. The money was never forthcoming and eventually she admitted it had not been done., and that it would be there in two weeks. A week later she deplyed.
    So into the RAO, i said i have a mortgage and 2 children, and still have £700 to pay out of my own pocket for my resettlement course. He sorted my 1809 in ten minutes (my cc couldnt do it in 8 months!!) then an even bigger bombshell was dropped: "you wont be paid this friday 28/3 like everybody else" says the pay clerk. Why i ask? "because you are discharged you are paid and admined by glasgow" i said how am i meant to go without money from 2-6 weeks? "can you get a loan or overdraft" says the pay clerk. "i allready have a substantial overdraft to cover the cock up the cc made, and you want me to get further into debt when you owe me £2250. " theres nothing else we can do because of the changeover to JPA" after ten minutes of getting nowhere fast, i went to see the welfare officer. I mentioned everything to him and was told there was nothing they could do. "we can give you a letter to give to your bank telling them when your money will be there as proof" In the end this was all i could get as they were due to go on easter leave the next day.
    I just can not believe the army can do this, i am still waiting on the bank to see if they can help while my direct debits snowball. SUrely they can not do this can they? After eleven years service both in the infantry and the corp, and seven tours i feel totally let down.
  2. No advice just sympathy.

Age old story, once you are no longer serving the powers that be don't give a fcuk about you.

Give us the uniform and ID card back, don't let the gate hit you on the way out, goodbye and please don't bother us ever again, seems to be the attitude.

And be brutally honest, weren't you once the same? Did you really really give a flying fcuk about those guys (apart from your close friends) who had signed off/left/got discharged?

Still you seem to have got it pretty bad and as I said I have no advice only sympathy. Hope you manage to get it all sorted.

Try these guys http://www.veterans-uk.info/ they might be able to help.
  3. Not much too construvtive to say here either as it seems you have been shafted good and proper. However one course of action which i have witnessed and it did work on that occasion, is taking your kids into the welfare officers/ OC's office and basically dumping them there as you cannot afford to feed them due to the well documented cock up.

Its drastic I know and sounds like an urban myth but i saw it done by a JNCO in 10 Regt. The powers that be certainly swung into action on that occasion.

Good luck.
  4. I too thought this was an urban myth - until it actually happened to me, and a quick threat to call to social services had the irresponsible parent swinging into action much quicker. A soldier's kids are not the army's problem - irrespective of whether he has been paid or not.

Although I do have sympathy for the poster in his circumstances as they are written. Having said that, you do mention that the army is willing to admit to the fault and provide a letter to the bank. This will stand as documented evidence that any failure to pay your debits etc is not your fault, the bank will pay them, they will bill you and you claim the bank charges from the army using their letter as evidence.
  5. Send a Letter of Redress amounting to a formal complaint. Make sure you drop everyone in the shite that hasn't done their job.

Get some legal advice, might cost a few quid but worth it in the end.
  6. I would take the complaint as far as you possibly can. Unprofessional and incompetent conduct as suggested by the action of your CC should not be tolerated.

Too often soldiers have accepted it because thats the way it is. Go for the jugular.
  7. Phone your MP mate - guarantee he/she will rattle cages.

and what are the Army going to do about it - discharge you?

If direct contact doesn't sit easy with you then get someone to do it on your behalf because of their "concern" for you and your kids. You don't mention a wife but a parent/aunt etc will suffice.
  8. Might be worth trying the British Legion too. They can help out in some cases.
  9. Firstly, thanks all for the replies, much appreciated. Secondly, they ahve admitted fault and apparently the cc will be dealt with (hmmmm) i am going to seek legal advice as this should NOT happen again to any other soldier again. Im fortunate enough that the bank sorted me out until this money reaches my bank, however what would happen if another soldier could not get any help from their bank?? a new low for the army imho....never thought id see them shit on their own in that way. This is not the army i remember when i first joined, used to be one for all and vice versa. Rant over with.
  10. That is not what it says on trhe military covenant. http://www.army.mod.uk/servingsoldier/usefulinfo/valuesgeneral/adp5milcov/ss_hrpers_values_adp5_1_w.html

'Soldiers will be called upon to make personal sacrifices - including the ultimate sacrifice - in the service of the Nation. In putting the needs of the nation and the Army before their own, they forgo some of the rights enjoyed by those outside the Armed Forces. In return, British soldiers must always be able to expect fair treatment, to be valued and respected as individuals, and that they (and their families) will be sustained and rewarded by commensurate terms and conditions of service.'
  11. Sounds like a typical clerk response. Compassionate cunt you are.
  12. What planet are you on? MP's have as much pull as a wet tissue and care more about allowances and bum love than any forces problem!
    The only cage He/She will rattle is their "gimp" cellar cage.
  13. Not true. MP's have the power to write to appropriate parties who in turn are obliged to reply, furthermore they can (and DO) raise matters in the house.

The OP has nothing to lose in giving it a try.
  14. Agreed Front benchers tend to tow the party line, but the back benchers love to kick off on most issues
  15. Not exactly help for you, but in the Australian Army your not allowed to get out before you are physically fit. And the fact you're being stiffed for money after all those years of service is fecking outrageous. If stories like this get out to the wider community you have gotta wonder why people join. It's always the same idn't it, use, abuse and throw away. All my sympathies to ya mucker, and I hope all works out for ya. :cry: