I cannot log out from Arrse.

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by bovvy, Mar 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I never usually try to log out, but, having read the Arrse security thread, I gave it a try. It says I have been logged out ...........

......... then, promptly, logs me back in.

Edited to add: It doesn't matter in my case, but it might to some. Or is it just my pooter?

........ and "Safari problems" mentioned (extensively :oops: ) on other threads.

2. Same with me.

3. Maybe you have a cookie or have checked "automatically log in" or "remember me".

4. Yeah but, no but, yeah but, no but ......... I've always been able to log out before. I don't think Arrse has a "remember me" thingy. Can't find one. And, in the past, it could always be over-ridden by a logout

5. Hmm you are right. With Safari in any case the logout doesn't work. Even after deleting cache but I have not cleared cookies yet in case the cookie has a long expire date and for some reason the logout is not overwriting this.

I guess GCO has a lot on his plate :(

6. Having deleted my cookies and then went back to the site I was prompted to log in.

7. I was getting the same thing, immediately before my "I can't log in" woes. It's like the page can't update properly. Taking cookies off only resulted in getting the blue and white error page and being prompted to put them back on.

8. Whereas I had the opposite problem, the ARRSE site started demanding that I log in,and does so every time, still at least I remember my new password!

9. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Same here bovvy,are you using Firefox?

10. Same here spike.

Logged off and got the blue/white screen with the option of go! or go back (I think)

Page changed and was back at the original front page showing me as logged in!! WTF.

Very strange!

Cheers N_W.

11. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Ahhhh... probably my fault. Try now.

12. Roger last.

Cheers boss.

Cheers N_W.

Edit: Now working chief!

13. Ayethangyoooooo!

14. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

A bit embarrassing after spending hours writing a load of security guff that tells you to log out as one of its concluding points!

Sorrrreeeeee.

15. :D Mong!!