I came across a minefield......

the other day!
How did I know it was a mine field , well because it was surrounded by red mine tape.....OF COURSE! Beyond the the tape were a couple of large yellow oil drums a bit battered but still in use. Before l me lay two large scaffold poles one approximatley 4ft the other 6ft. Funnily enough laying nearby was a 10ft length of rope wierd or what?
What on earth do I do?

Yes!
Oh and the nearest comman post is 30 miles away!!!!

Hold on will have to ask the guy behind me with the clip board!

Now the fattest bastard in the workshop has turned up and needs to get across as well as 4 other potentials!!!!
Oh and Ive got 10 minutes before that enemy section gets here!

Throw all your spanners in and duck.
OR

Just walk around the feckin thing ! lol

I actually sauntered across an Israeli desert minefield a few years ago, carrying a big bergan and a very lethal suntan.

"Oh look" I said to myself, as I approached the only road in twenty miles, "A big sign. I wonder what it says on the other side?"

That last twenty feet took forever.

Ah a bit of a pickle.
All depends what trade you are
(a) Tech - dont worry about it run through the mine tape stamping your feet with your hands over your ears. Dont worry you will be loaded onto the next course regardless.
(b) VM - Ponder, plan, execute and finish the task in 7 minutes with no casulties and wait 2 years to be loaded!!!!!

Bet you all of the planks are n-1mm in length, where n = the length you need them to be in order to get across without any hassle.

Ignore all personnel whose solutions involve building either a tripod or a ballista. Have fun.

Minefields! Used to be shark infested custard in my day.

MedievalMan said:
Ah a bit of a pickle.
All depends what trade you are
quote]

No ....it doesn't matter as long as you send the gobsh1te forward and shout " come on lads sense of urgency" 3 times within a minute!

Minefields! Used to be shark infested custard in my day.
Or a torrent of raging custard! Or bottomless chasm etc ad nausium.

God I HATE custard.

Yeah don't forget the poxy burden, keep an eye on the timings, as safely and swiftly as possible blah, blah...

WATCH OUT!!!. I've been in this situation before. Just as you are about to reach your objective, its been known for Tigers, Lions or dangerous snakes to appear in front of you. If faced with this situation, EVALUATE, BRIEF YOUR TEAM, RE PLAN then RE BRIEF YOUR TEAM WITH THE NEW TASK (don't forget to monitor and control throughout). If you don't do this, DEATH; and even worse, FAILURE, will occur!

INKY

God, we are such a bunch of boring B*stards. Quick someone come up with a B mech squat to p!ss comment so we can put it next to medieval mans tech line and we might just be resurrecting the same posts again. Do we not have anything interesting to discuss in our corps?

ugly

LE
Those inadiquates from outside the borough were if like me born within and escaped early on!

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Awol said:
I actually sauntered across an Israeli desert minefield a few years ago, carrying a big bergan and a very lethal suntan.

"Oh look" I said to myself, as I approached the only road in twenty miles, "A big sign. I wonder what it says on the other side?"

That last twenty feet took forever.
On UNFICYP patrol along the north edge of Nicosia airport (the Green Line between Greeks and Turks), 76-77, our two-car patrol rolled to a halt overlooking the plain where Turkish Paras had landed a couple of years before (and shown on The History Channel just this month).

Troopie (aka Rommel on account of his penchant for wearing a pair of issue goggles on the top of his head) in the turret of my Ferret looked at his map and told me over the I/C, "Trooper Alien, if we drive across this field here, we can save going all the way around it." As we did so, I noted that the other car in the section raced around the field.

We got to within about ten yards of rejoining the road when Rommel remarked over the I/C, "Oh, bugger. I've just realised: this field is marked on my map as a minefield."

I drove the last ten yards very quickly.

Latest Threads