I bought this recently

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by ugly, Feb 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Sight unseen but at least there were some decent pics;
    Milsurp After Hours
    Its at my local dealers now, he has the sort of stock that makes grown men go weak at the knees.
    Looking forward to my variation! :p
  2. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Definitely a "damp patch" item ... that's utterly lovely!

3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Why thank you, it will be used!
  4. spotters ;)
  5. nice swedish mauser action..
  6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Sorry for the link but photobucket is down at the moment! I will be involved in a couple of special sporting rifle events at Bisley this year selected loonies will receive invites!
  7. On a serious note, as I live not far from Bisley. How do I get a rifle licence etc? Do I need to join a club 1st, then apply? I have a very expensive air-rifle, but it's not the same. I'd look a bit stupid on the point with my precharge also!
  8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Depends if you want to shoot target, sporting, sporting target, small bore, centrefire. If a bit of stalking floats your boat then I work for a professional stalker!
    I'm supposed to be out in the morning but its a client free day and I have a heavily pregnant springer bitch that will cause no end of problems if I leave her at home.
  9. Leaving yourself open for allsorts of comments aren`t you........??
  10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Nothing I wont have heard before. I also used to be a club secretary.
  11. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

May be true, but it's still a bit harsh about the wife. :lol:

How long for the variation these days? Three months?
    Our lot stretch things out as long as possible, and then prosecute if your FAC runs out before they get round to renewing ... bless them! 8O
    At least they can then prove they have firearms crime, and jump around a bit.
    Shame about all the drug-dealers, of course: still, they do get some of them when they have a few free minutes. :wink:
  12. deleted
  13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Everything is reputed to take 6-12 weeks at the mo, my last renewal was 6 months as they wanted me to lose the 500 12 bore slugs. I lost them and a year later got a free variation to have them back again, that took 2 weeks. I also had land cleared for boar. I am considering whether to go for an RFD this time as I need 3 rifles for client use and am fed up of using mine! Its the security upgrade issues that bother me!
    I'm asking for another 6.5, a 22-250, a .243 and possibly a 9mm Mannlicher, be another classic though!
    Oh and moderators for the centrefire rifles.
    That will be interesting, I have thought about this as I often get asked to make ammo for stalkers so I have to do it with them on the premises at the moment. I need a bigger house!
  14. That's a really nice rifle Ugly.

15. ancienturion

ancienturion LE Book Reviewer

Why not get someone to show you around Bisley and explain what is available, or:
    visit Bisley on an Open Day