I bet this ain't in PAM21

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by PapaGolf, Sep 13, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 3
  1. Why not its a stable firing position, similar to say resting on a wall or using shooting sticks :)

2. Probably not since Pam21 is all about ranges and conducting ranges......

3. Or an old stump! gedditt???

4. AOSP would have room for it.

But its not a recognised firing position as it doesnt appear in the ACMT. so anyone that got shot from that position would be able to claim for Inj'hadilawyers4u

5. ACMT maybe not but field firing, IBSR and Sniping etc, etc :)

6. Im sure a pamhead would have explained it better, but in terms of LoAC all shots fired should be from "recongised" firing positions and fired by a qualled and competenet firer (or something)

Im not fussed really, if he wants to take his leg off in contact he can but I wont be impressed!

7. Sitting Supported no issue, would be the same as using shooting sticks, or the bergan or a low wall for example :)

What possition you were in when you shot the bloke trying to kill you would not really come into it?

8. Hmmm, I wonder if all the troops in Helmand are able to adopt 'recognised firing positions'; I doubt it. Clearly you have never heard of project Odysseus. Also this pic has been done to death in another thread....http://www.arrse.co.uk/weapons-equipment-rations/46615-search-*ally*-star-340.html

9. I have fired my weapon in any position Ive seen fit, and by the amount of lead I put down range probbly hurt someone too, However the follow up by SiB would have found my entire C/S were using "illegal" fire posn.