I applied to the police, now what?

I done 6 years and think its time for a career change for me, so I applied for the police force, once before I went on tour (was rejected), and now again afterwards.
Application is going well this time, but they require proof that I can be released upon job offer.
The other key point is I have not yet signed off (Not doing any of that hail Mary bullshit).

Questions are who do I approach within the CoC to push this forwards and is it possible to apply for an early release if this pans out.
I wouldn't expect say next week, but even if it can potentially knock a few months off that's a win to me.
I was thinking RCMO definitely, but who else.
And are there any other points people think i'm missing.

I done 6 years and think its time for a career change for me, so I applied for the police force, once before I went on tour (was rejected), and now again afterwards.
Application is going well this time, but they require proof that I can be released upon job offer.
The other key point is I have not yet signed off (Not doing any of that hail Mary bullshit).

Questions are who do I approach within the CoC to push this forwards and is it possible to apply for an early release if this pans out.
I wouldn't expect say next week, but even if it can potentially knock a few months off that's a win to me.
I was thinking RCMO definitely, but who else.
And are there any other points people think i'm missing.
Unfortunately you have to give a years notice to leave the army. Police recruitment is so fragile at the moment that in my Force at least, folks are being given a months notice of courses starting due to funding being found. People who refuse that start date often don’t get a second offer or wait a few years and have to go through the process again.

Speak to your RCMO asap and see what can be done.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Do what I did. Don't tell the army, lie to the police.

Once you're in the final interview and it's been approved, ask for early release. The first my Regiment knew about it was when I told them I'd been accepted and could I **** off now please
I was out within three months.

Don't terminate before you've got a confirmed appointment in the police.

Unfortunately you have to give a years notice to leave the army.
As above in mine, this isn't the case. They can expedite your release but it depends on whether or not you were a good lad and how much they want to **** you about.

I'd done well with them and they were gutted to let me go but couldn't fault my reasons for wanting to leave.

I'd wait until you've passed every part of the selection stage before thinking of leaving the forces.

I failed the final interview twice (1st time for failing the equality & diversity question and 2nd time for failing some other dull question) even though I passed every other part of the selection process. Wasn't allowed to apply more than twice and Tbh the whole process was taking far too long, about a year for each attempt.

If you sign off and are not successful, what is the likelihood that you couldn’t sign back on? Given recruitment and retention at the moment, I would have thought that they would be happy to allow you to stay.

I'd wait until you've passed every part of the selection stage before thinking of leaving the forces.

I failed the final interview twice (1st time for failing the equality & diversity question and 2nd time for failing some other dull question) even though I passed every other part of the selection process. Wasn't allowed to apply more than twice and Tbh the whole process was taking far too long, about a year for each attempt.
If you can remember it, tell us what the Equality & Diversity question was that you failed.
Might be enlightening.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
If you can remember it, tell us what the Equality & Diversity question was that you failed.
Might be enlightening.
"What? Ragheads?"

:mrgreen:

If you sign off and are not successful, what is the likelihood that you couldn’t sign back on? Given recruitment and retention at the moment, I would have thought that they would be happy to allow you to stay.
The issue I had, was they weren't cancelling terminations when I did it. The police couldn't seem to understand that I was risking my job without being guaranteed a job with them. Hence why I lied through my teeth that it was in process and everything was fine.

Arf arf.

Might be enlightening.
It was something really banal like "what does equality and diversity mean?" The feedback I got shortly afterwards was that it meant giving people equality of opportunity. I probably would've known that had I bothered to research it. The 10 minute stood up, spittle flecked, finger pointing diatribe might have come across as a bit earnest in retrospect.

It's diversity and inclusion these days which the police are probably paid up to. Look it up, the bumpf is likely online.

Latest Threads