I am short- will that be an obstacle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My height is 5ft. I did a couple research and found no specific height requirements on the official army website but on a couple of websites there are some.

Like I understand there is a minimum for equipment and machines, but would my height be a problem for infantry??

Especially during training or out in the field?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. I have a good friend same height. Para commando and High Threat operator.

We in the deepest south west have the shortest copper in UK, he is 5ft and he reached the 'heady heights' of lance jack in the army prior to joining the constabulary.

I'm 5'4, managed 32 years Infantry TA/Reserve including 4 tours. Lack of height has never really impaired me, and there have been plenty of people who have served to the highest level who are smaller than me. You have some advantages, especially if you want to drive tanks.

Makes you a smaller target, so good luck

Lofty.

I'm 5'4, managed 32 years Infantry TA/Reserve including 4 tours. Lack of height has never really impaired me, and there have been plenty of people who have served to the highest level who are smaller than me. You have some advantages, especially if you want to drive tanks.
Plus your smock doubles up as a greatcoat ..... and poncho

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
The Army beat you to it and already has a solution.
6917385101_bea6e8706a.jpg

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
As an Infantry soldier you are taught to live out of your Bergan for weeks. As a short Infantry soldier, you could live IN your Bergan.

We had a lad with us who was about 5 foot **** all.

Only real difficulty he had was tabbing, his little legs were a bit short so he had to work really hard to keep up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads