I am running out of places to hide the bodies

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Mr_Bridger, Aug 13, 2007.

1. No - The Street wardens should have despatched him there and then

2. Yes - What is this country coming to?

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I think he should be allowed to wear his T-Shirt. It's no more offensive than Sluggy's collection under the patio :)

A man spotted on CCTV wearing a T-shirt bearing an "offensive" slogan has been warned he risks an £80 fine if he is caught again.
    Forklift driver David Pratt was told by street wardens in Peterborough he could cause offence or incite violence.

The slogan on the garment read: "Don't p!ss me off! I am running out of places to hide the bodies".

Peterborough City Council said using insulting or offensive language was an offence, even if it appeared in print.

Mr Pratt, from Peterborough, was approached by the wardens as he waited for a bus with his wife.

The couple are now demanding a written apology.

"I really don't see how the wording on my T-shirt could incite violence - it's humour, that's all it is," said Mr Pratt.

In a statement Peterborough City Council said it was investigating the incident
  2. Offensive, possibly, but an offence? Under what Act? And why the hell are Peterborough City Council "street wardens" investigating offences? Where were Cambridgeshire Police. Or was he merely in breach of Council Bylaws?
  3. Big Brother is watching you.
  4. :evil: Best one i saw was in a shop in Dorking it just said "F**K THE POLICE", not FCUK just F**CK, it wasnt even in some surf dude shop. I was so mad i was going to go in and grab the spotty assistant by his designer "Corrie alike" haircut and scream in his face "f**k shop assistants" whilst pushing his head through the window, luckily other half dragged me away quickly. :roll:
  5. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I'd love to see a jury covict someone for wearing a t-shirt with that on it. Council nobodies busy being offended on others behalf.
  6. If that was the Best one, what would you had done to him if he had the Worse one :D
  7. :D Best as in example of decline of moral standards, a worse one would have been " TELL THE POLICE TO GO AWAY" however the more i look at that it could be humorous with the right logo. :D
  8. One of my mates was wearing a 'I'm smiling because they haven't found the bodies yet' when those two girls went missing a few years ago. No comments were made...
  9. Sting only receives such a bad press because he is largely misunderstood.
  10. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Is there still a cafe in Swansea called The Warm As Toast - with the capital letters writ large?
  11. Although I agree that some t-shirts do step over the bounds of common decency, I think the council need to re-discover their sense of humour in this case.
    I would prefer the local council n*zis to have powers of arrest for certain individuals who think it is cool to wander around in public not wearing T-shirts exposing mounds of unsightly, wobbly pink flesh (but not if they are females, obviously).
  12. WTF is a street warden
  13. Usual drill for those jobsworths,
    chance to make a few quid for the local council/gov,
    easier target than others we could think of, eh?
  14. perhaps it was for girls - designed by someone who had the welfare of the frustrated policeperson in mind ... :lol:
  15. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

The tossers who fined a taxi driver I got a ride from on Saturday £50 for dropping a fag end out of his window.