I am on the scrounge.

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by clayp1g, Apr 17, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

I am trying to scrounge some bandoliers 5.56 or .303. Either will suit my purpose. I am not after many half a dozen will be great.

Thanks in advance.
  2. 5.56 OR .303" ????
  3. Either it matters not.
  4. Why not 7.62 then? &.62x39 maybe?

I have .303 bandoliers but I protect my war reserve very jealously.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Serious question. Are they the Green things with press stud pockets and an OD strap about 3/4" wide? If so, I've about 60 on the boat. They are great for everything from fitting in (I kid you not) mini cereal packets through making up a decent First Aid kit, through to keeping niggly bits of sailing stuff in. Let me know.
  6. Yes. Those sound like 7.62 ones or the 5.56. 303 usually had brass tags to fasten them.
  7. They were acquired in '99. I'm guessing 5.56. Use them for all sorts of things.
  8. E-S, Hoverpot

I use them to separate stalking ammo from ball. As they hold either two five rnd chargers or three ten rnd chargers.

I don't want anyones war stores just any you no longer need. Please
  9. Post #1 scrounge dated 17/04/13.

Post #2 bump dated 19/08/15.

In your own time go on.
  10. If you can find a couple of RPD magazine pouches, they make good ammo bags for shotgun or other loose rounds/clips. Also very handy for storing fly reels, and the ChiCom AK chest webbing makes a good fly vest for pottering about getting ones feet wet.
    • Bullshit Bullshit x 1

11. For real?.....wearing a chest rig to go fishing?..........

Some strange cnuts about
    • Funny Funny x 2
  12. Take a look at it. Smaller than the full on vest some folks wear. Place for a couple of boxes of flies, priest, pliers/forceps and a bottle or two of water. Easy to don and remove if you get rid of the two rear tie down straps.

If you're embarrassed about it you can dye it pink.
    • Bullshit Bullshit x 1

13. see post 12...strange cnut