I AM JOINING REME

Discussion in 'REME' started by Coburn, Sep 14, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. HI I AM JOINING REME SOON I AM GOING TO PIRBRIGHT IN OCTOBER JUST WANDERING IF ANYONE ELSE IS GOING THEN THANKS

2. Whoa, little chimp. No need to shout. :D

3. Save the shouting for when you get there.

Good luck matey.

4. Don't forget to tell the sergeant how you take your tea and he will be affectionately known as 'Sarge'.

5. Well done and no, no I'm not.

Jog on.

6. good luck matey, just remember to never take anything personally... you might not enjoy basic training at the time, but you when you are finished your training you will look back on it and think.... "that was pretty cool".

7. After training and you get posted always make friends with the storemen and the cooks. You'll never have to pay for lost tools or clothing and always get extra rations on exercise.

8. How long have you been out John?

Those days are long gone mate :-(

9. 12 years since demob. It worked for me for 22 years.

10. Just keep your mouth shut and your ears open, don't try to shine just try to learn . Most important HAVE FUN>

11. tiny brain, shouts all the time... I smell a shiny new reccy mech!

12. have a sense of humour and become an a mech rather than a squat to slash one! :salut:

13. well thanks for the advise nd you will be pleased to know im gonna be an A mech and sorry about the shouting

14. Good luck mate. Grit your teeth and get past the basic military training, then it gets better all the time.

15. Just wanted to say Hi.
    Im in the process of joining as a Mech. I put in for VM-B 1st choice, RLC Air Despatch as second. Im stuck for a 3rd...
    Im stuck in the silly BMI situation, I been pounding the weights at the gym for years and now I gotta stop all that till my body weight drops another 5kg :roll: So whats life like in the REME? My family are all against me going, Im sure they think the army is still about trench warfare and 'over the top' techniques. Ive been told the worst thing that could happen in the REME is guard dutie or being ambushed 8O I went to londonsoldier @ Chelsea Barracks. Top notch day out, Its made me extra eager join... how cool is the challenger tank! F*ck getting on the busniess end of that :twisted: (oh and GL to the other dude going in)