I am a CDT Failure. Dont let it be YOU!

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Facetime, Aug 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In 2007 I was on 6 weeks POTL and did the stupidest thing of my life. I was obsessed with a stupid girl I was seeing and to impress her infront of her druggie mates I snorted a line of ccaine... It was the first and last time I've ever done such a thing and wish I hadn't as its had massive re-percussions since.

I took the drug because I wanted a quick fix way of getting out. On the first day back there was a CDT I p***ed in the cup fully knowing I'd fail and two weeks later marched to the SSM's and told I'd failed and that action was to be taken against me. The feeling in my Troop and Squadron was terrible. Nobody wanted to know me. MyStaffy and Tp OC were gutted and I just had the feeling that I'd let everybody down! 6 weeks later I was out of the gate.

It was all a waste of time as the lass I'd done this for split up with me the day after... She'd been seeing someone else all along. Two years down the line I'm a phone monkey in a crappy call centre earning next to nothing. It's pathetic. I think about my time in the Army everyday and thats my punishment! I've put this on here in the hope that anyone reading this and is thinking about taking drugs to get out of the army to have a good hard think and for them not to tread the path that I have. It's not worth it. It really will ruin your life!

2. Sounds like you learned your lesson mate - although I wouldn't say you have to write off civvie street just because you were kicked out.

If you really can't stand your current situation, then the only person to blame for that is yourself - and I don't mean in light of getting kicked out - you just need to get off your arrse and do something about it. Look at local college trade courses, access courses etc. Sounds like you need to stop reminiscing about your failed army career & start living in the now.

Anyway enough of that - welcome to ARRSE :)

3. That's the way it is, Facetime. You think that you know the answer to a problem, and sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't.

I had the much the same feeling just after I blasted my old man to kingdom come with his favourite shotgun. But now I'm enjoying the inheritance I received. :D

But all fückin' around aside, it takes an incredible amount of bottle to come on a website like ARRSE and admit something like that. If I'd done something similar, I'd not admit it here. So fair play indeed to ya, fella, and I'm sure it's appreciated that you've set yourself up as a bad example to warn others. I hope your admirable efforts bear fruit.

All the very best for the future, mucker.

MsG

4. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

My first thought was 'what an odd first post' regarding something that happened 2 years previously. Made me think it was an 'official' warning...

But I'm not in a suspicious or cynical mood today, so welcome to Arrse.

5. Obviously too much beer at the weekend :wink:

Back on thread. We all make mistakes in life and live to regret them you obviously made a huge fecker and regret it and now have to live with it.
    There is more to life than call centres if you put the time and effort in so good luck and welcome.

6. So the moral of the story is, Don't trust women.

7. Snakes with tits

8. Welcome to ARRSE.

It took me 25 years to realise I had truly fucked up, but that was by getting married, NOT drugs. All sorted now though. :wink:

9. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Thats the moral of every story.

Tough luck Facetime, we've all done something stupid we wished we hadn't. Civvy street is not so bad, onwards and upwards mate. And welcome to ARRSE.

10. You're a big man for your honesty alone. You'll do well, keep your head up and walk tall. Just don't feck up like that again!! Civvy street isn't as bad as you thinkl but get some focus, something to aim for. Otherwise you'll be a tawat again. I know !!! :)

11. Join the legion

12. Just re-reading that, 6 weeks POTL would mean a 9 month tour (although not impossible, unlikely).

He took it to impreess the bird in front of her mate, then said he took it for an easy option out of the army.

Coincidently most squaddies have just started their summer leave.

Methinks its a warning kindly placed here by people used to talking to 18 year olds.

13. Trust me Stacker... I'm a genuine kit bag!

14. Why should I trust a druggie?

15. How do you know he wants to go to France 8)