I am a Biff - .gif file on my signature block

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by mysteron, Aug 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

So I have used the search function - nothing useful.

I have googled - can't find anything.

Either I am asking the wrong question (most likely) or I am really confused.

Yes, I am a biff.

So please - how do you have a .gif file (i.e. a bit of movie that is hosted on another site saved as a .gif) on my signature?

Many Thanks for the sensible answers in advance!!

Edited for mong grammar.

2. don't bother
    i often work on a slow internet connection and get fed up waiting for them to load

3. The standard forum method is to use the following codes (but without spaces)

[ img ] ink to image, eg where hosted such as photobucket [ / img]

But can also add a web link so that if anyone clicks they go to your website etc:

[ url = web address link [ img ] link to image, eg where hosted such as photobucket [ / img] [ / url ]

4. I am luddite mate & awful with IT. My mates son converts things into Web Resolution .JPEG images and my wife is Red Hot on Adobe Photoshop along with my eldest. I could be wrong as they are all out tonight but I think that a .JPEG is a high resolution still image & only .gif images can be animated and have frames. I think that most s/w programs can optimise images for web use at 72dpi and get them to load fast. Good luck.

5. mysteron

Many Thanks to all - especially Tommikka - as you can see - it works!!

6. mysteron.

Couldn't you have found a .gif that was more, well, "mysterony"

7. mysteron

A&M - if you can find one better -be my guest and send me the link!!! :wink:

8. like this [​IMG]

9. What like a smaller version of this then.
    [​IMG]

10. mysteron

Ark-Angel - yes!!!!

OK - so I am now in the learning how to do this stuff, unless you want to tell me whilst i am trawling through the t'interweb. I have a sequence in .wmv ready to go!!

11. Try this then.
    [​IMG][/img]

12. Can we see the pics? :p

Coat... Taxi...

13. mysteron

Ark-Angel is a Dancer!!

14. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

I'm sorry I seem to have lost half a day. I'm sure it was only 10:00hrs when I looked at your sig block next thing I know its 14:00. Odd! :D