Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I’m going to be one of them... A rejoiner !!

Hello Everyone,

Recently, I hung my hat up with the army. But since I’ve left, I’ve released that the civi life isn’t for me right now ! So I thought I’ll make a thread on here for some advice. Any advice would be amazing a quick thanks now before I start

So, I left the army September 2018 which brings me just under 2 years out of service. I’ve have already applied for the job roles I went to do etc and have had my first interview. I know that I wouldn’t come under main stream recruitment and join up as a rejoiner which is a totally different process. I know everything is done online now and face to face recruitment is become a bit of a thing in the past. But I have received a message on my application portal to do a cognitive test. I assume that this is the new term for the “BARB” test. Do I need to do this again ? I’ve been told that I don’t need to do these assessments again and work off job availability within the army for the current role and go on to complete phase 2 training. I don’t suppose anyone else has faced this problem ? Or anyone that can shed some light on this would be great !

Cheers Guy and Gals !

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Hello Everyone,

Recently, I hung my hat up with the army. But since I’ve left, I’ve released that the civi life isn’t for me right now ! So I thought I’ll make a thread on here for some advice. Any advice would be amazing a quick thanks now before I start

So, I left the army September 2018 which brings me just under 2 years out of service. I’ve have already applied for the job roles I went to do etc and have had my first interview. I know that I wouldn’t come under main stream recruitment and join up as a rejoiner which is a totally different process. I know everything is done online now and face to face recruitment is become a bit of a thing in the past. But I have received a message on my application portal to do a cognitive test. I assume that this is the new term for the “BARB” test. Do I need to do this again ? I’ve been told that I don’t need to do these assessments again and work off job availability within the army for the current role and go on to complete phase 2 training. I don’t suppose anyone else has faced this problem ? Or anyone that can shed some light on this would be great !

Cheers Guy and Gals !

Presumably once you're a serving soldier again you'll stop posting...

Hello Everyone,

Cheers Guy and Gals !

Just out of interest, how long did you serve and why isnt civi life for you?

chimera

LE
For some reason there is always a link between an economic downturn and rejoiners..... same same in 2008/9.

Welcome back!

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Guaranteed government source of income. Smart move.

Just out of interest, how long did you serve and why isnt civi life for you?
I served just shy of 6 years.

Well I ended up welding in a fab shop but I hate being stuck in a welding bay all day steering at 4 walls day in day out. I didn’t realised this until I left. I miss the travelling to. I don’t regret leaving, at least I know what it’s like and I joined straight out of college so I didn’t know no different.

Well I ended up welding in a fab shop but I hate being stuck in a welding bay all day steering at 4 walls day in day out. I didn’t realised this until I left. I miss the travelling to. I don’t regret leaving, at least I know what it’s like and I joined straight out of college so I didn’t know no different.

Have you thought about getting another job?

Which trade were you in before you left the Army? REME i suppose?

Which roles have you applied to be in as a rejoiner?

Just wondering if you are going go for learning a different skill set or if you plan to stay in the same roles and it's more of the environmental / cultural aspects of the army vs civi life that is important to you.

Which trade were you in before you left the Army? REME i suppose?

Which roles have you applied to be in as a rejoiner?

Just wondering if you are going go for learning a different skill set or if you plan to stay in the same roles and it's more of the environmental / cultural aspects of the army vs civi life that is important to you.
I was a royal engineers actually. But I’m going for a new skill set and looking at the mariner trade. Pick up a new trade you know ? And I think it will be a job I’ll enjoy.

I was a royal engineers actually. But I’m going for a new skill set and looking at the mariner trade. Pick up a new trade you know ? And I think it will be a job I’ll enjoy.

Oh, I was RE too. Not that it matters. Goof for you then, I think rejoining to learn a new trade , new unit, new posting, it's a good thing. I was slightly concerned that you might be going back to do the same job as before and then you would be faced with exactly the same issues that caused you to leave in the first place.

Latest Threads