I’m a nimby, protect me

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Random_Task, May 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I’m a nimby, protect me
    Timesonline
    Link
    These two paragraphs caught my attention though:
    8O

2. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Wonder if any of his 'boys' are generating leads in those areas before the calls come through . . . if I was looking to get work in security, and I wasn't quite as honest as I could be, I'd duff up some old bird and leave a calling card 50 yards down the road . . . or something.

You know how it goes, salesman comes in, tut-tut's at your security, says his windows are more secure and isn't the neighborhood dangerous etc, etc, etc.

Of course, this is only an example, and in no way would I suggest any impropriety from such a well respected company.

3. Policing following the NHS. Pay once - get crap service - pay again and go private.

4. I think London will become somewhere like Lima Peru within the next 20 years. In Lima, which has some of the most beautiful and best preserved Spanish colonial architecture in the world is a no go area for most parts with only barrios such as San Isidro and Miraflores being anything like safe, if you go to places like La Victoria or Rimac which is where the big open air markets and the bullfighting and football are, then you are open to getting mugged, beaten up or your fingers chopped off. (if you wear rings)

So for Miraflores to be kept safe, they have private security companies looking after the neighbourhood thus stopping the riffraff from smashing up the place and its inhabitants.

London will end up like this soon enough, with defined 'no-go' areas as the cops are waving the white flag.

5. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

An easier solution for the poor dears would be to blow all the bridges between them and that horrible sink estate on the other side of the Grand Union Canal.

I do wish I lived in the smog filled M25 congestion zone, rather than the nice, safe Northern countryisde.

6. No its the Politically Correct Met Police so they can't wave a white flag they would have to go for rainbow or pink.