Hypothetical question

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by supermatelot, Dec 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Would it be possible to rejoin after being pensioned off after a med discharge if say the medical condition was now cured?

I've been asked this a few times, mainly by mates who were in, then left, then are rejoining. Im inclined to think the answer would be a no.

2. Highly unlikely, however I didn't know you could get MD'd for clap, one for the notebook....

3. One of the first questions I would ask (Of your mates), is are you, (I mean they), still received medical discharge benefits?

If the answer is no, it depends on your prognosis, the chances, likelyhood of it reocurring and whether your particular MRO, Or whatever its called nowheredays), considers that you will be re-employable, taking into account your previous, (Sorry your mates), previous affliction.

I am no expert, but lets say your mate(s) were cured 5 months ago and have failed to declare it, and then try's to rejoin, there may be a slight integrity issue.

4. Nah mate :)

Was a skin condition aggravated by ship's water supp.

5. I have actually been asked this.

Myself, I was discharged due to allergic reaction to the ship's water supp. I could have been drafted permanent shore base but elected for discharge. To look at me you see nothing wrong but if I was to take a shower onboard then I'd be looking like corned beef in no time.

Edit- Think i'm a bit over the entry age limit now;) and happy in my chosen new career! So no! I'm not fishing for snippets on how "I" could rejoin.

6. I've seen this post before. What is it, did not like the answer from mum, so now your asking dad? In fact I am sure I read it today!!!

In any case, you did not answer any of the questions I posed. Not an expert, by any shape or form, the questions I posed, I thought were common sense, given the 'individual' predicament.

7. Eh?

Feck knows what your on about there. Care to elaborate?

8. I read a post today on this site about exactly the same subject. Either you have a brother, or you are repeating yourself fella.

9. What post?

Are you on some form of one-man sleuthing mission?

10. No mate, trust me I have not made it up, nor am I trying to pick a fight. I was at work today, had some time to kill and I have read a thread identical to the topic of this one. Anyway lets leave it there shall we.

I am adamant that I have, you are adamant that I havn't.

Lets just agree to disagree eh.

My original questions, (In my post) still stand though.

11. Yeah,i'm receiving a pension. Different scenario for me though.Its not something than can be cured per se..only "relieved". Its always there (A bit like Gonners).

Back on track though. If say a squaddie was med discharged with say (anything that would call for a discharge in the then current circumstances) but later overcame or was cured of the problem could he rejoin?

12. Sorry mate,

But to use a lying gits phrase (By that I mean to say, a politicians reply), I refer the honorable Gentleman to the reply I gave earlier.

One of the first questions I would ask (Of your mates), is are you, (I mean they), still received medical discharge benefits?

If the answer is no, it depends on your prognosis, the chances, likelyhood of it reocurring and whether your particular MRO, Or whatever its called nowheredays), considers that you will be re-employable, taking into account your previous, (Sorry your mates), previous affliction.

I am no expert, but lets say your mate(s) were cured 5 months ago and have failed to declare it, and then try's to rejoin, there may be a slight integrity issue.

But would go on to add, that providing the individual has been upfront, his previous annual reports were satisfactory (Prior to discharge), in other words they were not glad to get rid of him/her and that they have age on their side, I can't see a problem.

But there again, I no longer work for the MOD, so what do I know. (That's my disclaimer). I think you would be better of trying the medical section of ARRSE, for a more detailed response.