Hypocritical NIMYB b@st@rd

Nuff said! Typical two-faced Liabour lobby-fodder hypocrite.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4167696.stm

Row brews over MP's pub protest

A Labour MP, who backs 24-hour drinking, has objected to late opening at his local pub in central London.

Aberavon MP Hywel Francis voted nine times in favour of the government's controversial new licensing laws.

But in a letter to Westminster Council, he said that allowing Pimlico's Morpeth Arms to stay open late would "destroy the peaceful character of the area".

Shadow home secretary David Davis accused him of hypocrisy. Mr Francis said new laws will give people a say.

The pub has applied for an extension so it can stay open an hour later once a month to take advantage of late opening at the nearby Tate Britain gallery.

Mr Davis, a pub regular, said of Mr Francis's actions: "This is a typical 'do as I say, not as I do' approach.

"He is prepared to visit all-night misery and mayhem on our towns and cities in the form of 24-hour drinking but objects to even an hour's extension on his own doorstep."

It is not hypocritical to support legislation that actually gives the power to individual citizens to make representations to local authorities

Mr Francis, who lives yards from the pub, said the pub had made a broad application which also included seeking permission for a music licence.

He wrote: "This is overwhelmingly a quiet residential area and a licence of this kind would destroy the peaceful character of the locality."

He said the licensing laws, which will scrap the traditional 11pm closing time, were aimed at giving people a say over the opening hours of their local pubs.

Mr Francis told BBC Radio Four's PM programme: "I think it is not hypocritical to support legislation that actually gives the power to individual citizens to make representations to local authorities."

at this rate gonna have to dig out the home brew kit again

I'm sure if we searched hard enough, we could find thousands of examples of Tory, Lib Dem, U.U., Green, Veritas, Respect, BNP nimbyism - can we get away from the illusion that only Labour indulge in this?

I'm sure if we searched hard enough, we could find thousands of examples of Tory, Lib Dem, U.U., Green, Veritas, Respect, BNP nimbyism - can we get away from the illusion that only Labour indulge in this?
FP,

I see what you mean , but, THIS LOT OF TW@S ARE IN government and have a majority.

Darthspud said:
FP,

I see what you mean , but, THIS LOT OF TW@S ARE IN government and have a majority.
Ok - point taken. But can I add 'like many Conservatives did when they were in power'?

frenchperson said:
Darthspud said:
FP,

Ok - point taken. But can I add 'like many Conservatives did when they were in power'?
they are all nimby TW@TS AND QUANGO MAD MORONS TOO
When will we see an office for white affairs?
Every other group or interest seems to have some non-official help in direct govt contact

Darthspud said:
frenchperson said:
Darthspud said:
FP,

they are all nimby TW@TS AND QUANGO MAD MORONS TOO
When will we see an office for white affairs?
Every other group or interest seems to have some non-official help in direct govt contact
Weren't we talking about Nimbyism or possibly relaxed drinking hours? - I think you're veering off subject here - perhaps you could start a new subject with that line 'When will we see an office for white affairs'? ...to which I for one would be glad to contribute.

frenchperson said:
I think we started by saying that it was a particular individual who displayed this particular trait.

It's just the Neue Arbeit came to power on the back of a wave of dis-satisfaction with Tory mis-management and scandal. They used claims that such things were not going to be tolerated whilst they were in power. Unfortunately they are now seen as even worse!

MikeMcc said:
frenchperson said:
I think we started by saying that it was a particular individual who displayed this particular trait.

It's just the Neue Arbeit came to power on the back of a wave of dis-satisfaction with Tory mis-management and scandal. They used claims that such things were not going to be tolerated whilst they were in power. Unfortunately they are now seen as even worse!
Hear hear. I didn't think Thatcher could be eclipsed, but TB proved me wrong!

frenchperson said:
MikeMcc said:
frenchperson said:

Thatcher was a glorious leader who was morally strong and led from the front. The problem with her government was the slime bags that she surrounded her self with (see Aitken, archer et al)

Can't say that about the Celestial navigator can we? :D

Agent_Smith said:
frenchperson said:
MikeMcc said:
frenchperson said:

Thatcher was a glorious leader who was morally strong and led from the front. The problem with her government was the slime bags that she surrounded her self with (see Aitken, archer et al)

Can't say that about the Celestial navigator can we? :D
Surrounding yourself with slime bags shows very poor leadership. Blair too is surrounded by dodgy individuals and I sincerely hope he goes the same way - being stabbed in the back by a close colleague a la Geoffrey Howe/Thatcher would be a worthy exit. I laugh every time I come on this site and see New Labour/Blair being described as left wing. Blair learnt most of what he knows from Thatcher and he will certainly attend her funeral. Sorry MOD, I've gone totally off message. Please feel free to delete.