Hypocrisy: If Bush had said this,

Discussion in 'US' started by Praetorian, Jan 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. "The American people understand that we have got a big hole we have got to dig ourselves out of but they don't like the idea that people are digging a bigger hole."

Barack Obama said this today. Am I the only one that thinks that its a lot like a Bushism? The veneration of this man is really starting to make me vomit.
  2. Your point is?
  3. Not a lot really, its just that the hailing of this man as the second coming of the Messiah is really beginning to get on my tits. I'll get back in my box.
  4. But there's nothing wrong with the statement, he was simply saying america's in a bad spot & people are afraid it's gonna get worse

nothing compared to "mis-underestimated" Bush
  5. I think you had better stay in your box !
    You don`t seem to know what is happening.
  6. His perfectly clear point was that the US is in a hole (the national debt) and that in order to climb out of it through economic recovery more money will have to be borrowed (i.e. borrow more and increase the national debt), which some see as digging the hole deeper. .
  7. Can you post a link? Can't seem to locate the exact quote...though in the past he has said, "...it is not going to be easy for us to dig ourselves out of the hole that we are in..."
  8. Just like Gordon then?
  9. As regards the orginal point of the tread, I am fairly confident that Obama will turn out to be just as self obsessed and corrupt as the rest of the politicians
    Selling of Senate seats isn't exactly scrupulous and we are expected to believe he knows nothing of such goings on?
  10. I agree jagman. I think half his popularity is down to the fact that he is not Bush II. Of course it is very early days and he will upset a lot of people at some point. Indeed he has already upset Gator by getting elected.

However, from what I have seen so far he looks quite impressive and appears to be willing to give people the bad news about how tough times are likely to get. Of course he still needs to produce the goods, and that will take some time.
  11. "The American people understand that we have got a big hole we have got to dig ourselves out of, but they don't like the idea that people are digging a bigger hole."

A comma before the independent clause makes the meaning clear - a comma would not have helped clarify any of Mr. Bush's statements.
  12. A 9mm through your cranium would help to clarify all of yours
  13. Fcuk you KevinB. Why are you commenting on anyone's speeches? How about some quotes by your beloved Gerry about how he condemns all violence while carrying the coffins of murderers?
  14. Kevin,if things are so wonderful in the Paradise to which you either belong,or,wish to belong to,why are those people spending their hard earned Euros in the still captilist U.K.?
  15. Things are not so wonderful here in the US for the middle, working and poor classes, CM. Eight years of republican rule has taken its toll. The very republicans who are now whinging about deficits did not mind them at all when they were caused by large tax cuts for the the wealthy, Mr. Bush's foreign adventurism, and financial deregulation. They just are not fond of them when they are used to create jobs or give more unemployment help to average citizens.

The whole idea embodied by Obama's administration, as opposed to Bush's, is that government should operate in the public, not private, interest.