Hypocrisy Award Goes to:

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Plastic Yank, Jul 8, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. George Galloway - the hatred and bitterness engendered by the invasion and occupation of Iraq... feeds the very terrorism of bin Laden".

Gerry Adams "I condemn the bomb attacks in London this morning. I have sent a message of sympathy and solidarity to Mr. Blair and the London Mayor Ken Livingstone.
    "On behalf of Sinn Féin I offer my sincere condolences to the victims and the families of those killed and injured and to the people of London. Source : http://sinnfein.ie/news/detail/10385

Hamas the Palestinian Islamist group responsible for dozens of suicide attacks on Israel, condemned the bombings, in an attempt to distance itself from al-Qa'eda

Syria's president, Bashar al-Assad - condemned "these detested acts"
  2. Terrorists pretending to be legitimate politicians are still terrorists.

Countries full of terrorists worried that we may come and stomp all over them like we did in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Syria’s probably worried that it may be found that one of the terrorists involved in the London bombings Mothers, Cousins’, best mate’s Brother is Syrian and the US will use it as an excuse to bomb the place flat because of a ‘Syrian Connection’. Not of course that I have a problem with glassing Syria.
  3. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Anything from Saudi Arabia?
  4. Good point Viro , is there a Pakistani condemnation too?
  5. Bashar........what a great name for your country's Premier. Blair should change his name to Razors or Knuckles.
  6. here's an eejut from Pakistan saying we poked ourself in the eye -- good grief, these people are loons:

Radical leader says West may have 'engineered' bomb blasts
    08/07/2005 - 10:46:46

A senior leader from a coalition of radical Islamic political parties today said the attacks in London might have been orchestrated by the West as a strategy to turn public opinion against Muslims, a claim sure to produce outrage around the globe.

“This is very tragic,” said Liaqat Baluch, a prominent politician from the six-party Islamic coalition that comprises the main opposition to President Gen. Pervez Musharraf.

“But this could also be a strategy by Europe and America to line up against Muslims. They are directly saying Muslim groups or al-Qaida are behind these bombings. Then how can it be ruled out that these are not engineered blasts?” he said.

When asked again if he was actually charging the British or American governmnts of having a hand in the bombings, Baluch said: “This can not be ruled out. All countries do this to project their people as victims.”
  7. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

8. The thing that winds me up the most about this, is why the hell haven't the press picked up on it yet?
    It has surely got to be one of the finest examples of hypocrisy ever; it is highly pertinent to current events and definitely in the public interest, yet not a peep have we seen from any of the big national papers.
    Is it because it is so tasteless? It never stopped them in the past.

The thing that winds me up slightly less but still quite a lot, is that an awful lot of stoopid, gullible, naieve and ignorant people in this country with incredibly short memories will not even see the irony.
  9. Not the point, as far as I'm concerned.

The simple fact that such a statement came from a Sinn Fein website, given their associations, qualifies it for the Hypocrisy Award.

I don't forgive and I don't forget!

No further discussion required!
  10. What about the Wide Mouthed Frog?

11. I'm back kids

OK, going to take issue with PTP here on the Adams statement, and i quote from the Telegraph:

"Gerry Adams, leader of Sinn Fein, the political wing of the Irish Republican Army, sent his unconditional sympathies to the victims and their families.
    Mr Adams, who did not send similar messages to the victims of IRA atrocities, said in a statement: "I have sent a message of sympathy and solidarity to Mr Blair and the London Mayor Ken Livingstone. On behalf of Sinn Fein I offer my sincere condolences to the victims and the families of those killed and injured and to the people of London."

so, unless someone can show me where the Telegraph has apologies for saying did not say these things, then i would like that reinstated. If i can be proved wrong, then my deepest apologies to Mr Adams for saying that he has sympathy for the bombing victims!
  12. Are you suggesting the gerry adams was ever involved in terrorism shame on you
  13. Plastic Yank ,

Adams re-added to your intial list , and a direct source of the quote added .(To cover our arrses)

On a cautionary note to all , please remember that Adams is the elected representative for West Belfast to Parliament. Regardless of whether he takes his seat there or not , and unpalatable as it may be for a lot of people, he is still an MP.

Therefore , please try to refrain from making comments about visiting harm to his person.

14. Are you being serious with that statement PTP?

George Galloway is also an elected member of parliament and I believe he also was threatened with violence, what's the difference here?
    Fcuk Jerry Adams, I would struggle to care less for the low life piece of shiite that he is.
  15. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Stand corrected. Was basing my post on a quick internet trawl.