Hyperlink in word document

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by devilish, Sep 7, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Was hoping some IT guru could help me on this one.

I can get my 'puter to insert a hyperlink in a word document but the problem I'm having is that when I hover my mouse cursor over the said link, a box comes up telling me to press control and left click to enable the link to work.

What I really want is it to just link without the need to press control AND left click merely just to simply left click on the link.

Clear as mud I know, but if anyone a. Understands what I'm getting at and b. knows how to rectify it then I'd be eternally grateful. :)
  2. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

M$ Help function is actually quite good :roll:

But be aware that this will only affect your PC not anyone that you send it too

3. On a similar note, how is it that people can re-name hyperlinks to other web pages. For example, a link to a news page, instead of saying www.blah blah blah etc, its changed to "look here"
  5. One way is to send it as a HTML document instead. Word can still create it, but it is opened in Internet Explorer on anyones computer, and acts like a web page.

6. <a href="http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_links.asp">
    Try Here</a> for HTML Code for Web Link</p>

or just click this:

7. Please excuse my retardedness, but how would I go about converting a word doc into an HTML doc?
  8. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Rather that save use save as and then in the dropdown box saying
    Save as type Web Page *.html, *.htm
  9. Excellent advice folks, thanks a bundle.:)
  10. If the link is already on the page and you want to re-name it, right click over the link and have a butchers at the options that appear.
    Failing that, try going on 'insert' or 'hyperlink' depending on the version of windows you are running, which is at the top of the word document; select insert, then hyperlink, and you should be able to enter the address you want to 'hyper link' to as it were, then you should be able to name the hyperlink whatever you want.

11. Thats Brilliant thank you very much
  12. I really like it when the original poster comes back and acknowledges answers.
  13. To lose the 'Cntl' need:

Word 2002 and 2003 by default require users to press Ctrl when clicking hyperlinks in order to follow them. The recipient of your files should be seeing a ScreenTip that says "Ctrl + click to follow link." This behavior can be changed by clearing the appropriate check box on the Edit tab of Tools | Options.