Hydraulic hose and cable repair kits - info please

Discussion in 'REME' started by Nige, Aug 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Could anyone help me with some info on the Hydraulic Hose repair kit and the Cable repair kits please?

Ideally a copy of the AESP or User handbook would be good, however the NSNs would be a good start too.

I'm looking at suggesting RAEME get something similar as we currently do repair by replacement on hoses and cable parts are ordered individually.

Cheers in advance

2. Nige i dont recall that REME ever did repair thier own hydraulic hoses it was always repair by replacement.

Is there not a civillian company you can get a local purchase contract with? As a civvy now we use a company called Pirtek for all our hose repairs/replacement.

3. Thanks A-S-S,

We use Pirtek in Aus too, but they don't do onsite repairs where I am.
    There was deffo a Hyd hose repair kit, and a Leccy one too, we had the Leccy one at 9/12 or 1 LI.

The yanks here have a good bench mounted hydraulic hose machine, but I'd like to be able to do my own repairs rather than rely on them.

4. What sort of repairs?

5. Nige you have PM :wink:

6. Det,
    Repairs to hoses with holes in them and repairs to cables that don't work.

7. Hi Nige,

I'd love to help but I'm a civvy now, lol. I'd suggest somehow contacting the BDR/ER cell at DCEME (what was SEME).

PS Spent a week with some of your compatriots on NARY a couple of weeks ago...

Toodle Pip

8. No doubt about it ,the Yanks are the leaders in the Hydraulic Hose Equipment business. At the company I last work for, I set up a complete Hydraulic Hose Repair shop, using equipment , fittings and hoses mainly from Aeroquip. But from experience, I have found that it could be a costly venture ,and may not be justifiable just to do an occasional hose job
    http://www.aeroquip.com

9. We certainly had these kits for use on Ops, pretty good I seem to recall, but that was all they could be used for!!

Nobby