Hyde Park Bomb - Man charged

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
Good to see that they've identified the bastard, but under the Good Friday agreement he'll serve no time. And the general public will still be more outraged that he killed and injured some horses than about the men who died.

A few of my mates were injured in that.Its taken its time coming we`ll have to see the outcome. I agree he`ll serve very little or no time. :(

What's the point in charging him now?

Little or no real punishment will be awarded and the Met get to add another tick in the closed and successful prosecution file.

They should have found this bloke at the time and prosecuted him then.

Waste of time and resources and for what exactly? Closure for the relatives? Do me a favour, how are they going to fell when the sentence is handed down.

He may have been charged, but CPS probably won't prosecute as it won't be in the public interest.

They should take the Guidon staff - the one with a wedding ring embedded in it - and turn the bastard into a lollipop.

Well that's his ticket to fame, he'll doubtless be welcomed back in louth by Gerry Adams the receive a hero's standing ovation at the next Sinn Fein party conference.

Good to see that they've identified the bastard, but under the Good Friday agreement he'll serve no time. And the general public will still be more outraged that he killed and injured some horses than about the men who died.
My understanding of the GFA is that short sentances and early release only applied to scum charged before 1998.
I hope this guy is given life and spends the rest of his natural trying to avoid Big Ron in the showers.

My understanding of the GFA is that short sentances and early release only applied to scum charged before 1998.
I hope this guy is given life and spends the rest of his natural trying to avoid Big Ron in the showers.

I hope your understanding of the GFA is correct and this scumbag See's out his days inside.
Alas highly likely events turn out differently.

He'll get next to no sentence. That's if he's prosecuted at all and even then, if he's found guilty.

I have that much faith in the NI Justice system when it comes to the word 'justice' used in conjunction with republican terrorists.

I have that much faith in the NI Justice system when it comes to the word 'justice' used in conjunction with republican terrorists.
Nothing to do with NI. He will be tried in Westminster after being charged by the Met.(mind you I don't have much faith in them either)

Nothing to do with NI. He will be tried in Westminster after being charged by the Met.(mind you I don't have much faith in them either)
It all boils down to if as others have said on here whether the GFA applies to this. if so waste of time and this scumbag will reappear giving clenched fist salutes to likeminded low lifes.

IF the GFA does not apply he stands to get a very long sentence if found guilty lets hope!!!

I've just finished re-reading it, I came to the same opinion. The release of prisoners has nothing to do with future trials in England for crimes commited in England.

I hear kent police are trying to round up the Guilford four just in case!

There's Sky adding balance the story ..... :-/
To add a better 'balance to the story' it should be remembered that quite a few of our guys were still down South, having handed the Argies their arses on a plate the month previously.

Lest it be forgotten in the emotion of this charge, this character was part of the 'England Department' team under the control of
Owen Coogan who participated in other atrocities.

The two civvies who were murdered at Ebury Bridge,( 10 October 1981) the Royal Marines Commandant, Sir Stuart Pringle who survived an attempt on his life, losing a leg, Ken Howarth's murder in Oxford Street and the attempt on Sir Michael Havers life.
In those times Downey hailed from Clare.

Lest it be forgotten in the emotion of this charge, this character was part of the 'England Department' team under the control of
Owen Coogan who participated in other atrocities.

The two civvies who were murdered at Ebury Bridge,( 10 October 1981) the Royal Marines Commandant, Sir Stuart Pringle who survived an attempt on his life, losing a leg, Ken Howarth's murder in Oxford Street and the attempt on Sir Michael Havers life.
In those times Downey hailed from Clare.
The two civvies who were killed in the Ebury Bridge Road attack were an old lady, who just happened to be walking past, and a youth of 15 or 16 who was sitting on the low wall in front of the Peabody Estate flats (he died in hospital later). The bomb was contained in a white Commer van which had two large canvas sacks filled with coach bolts and masonry nails suspended from the roof of the van. It was these pleasant implements which passed through the windows of the white Willowbrook military coach and embedded themselves into the bodies of the Irish Guardsmen returning via the rear gate to Chelsea Barracks, as well as forcing the vehicle into the middle of the road at a 30-40 degree angle. We believed (that is 90 Security Section and C13 of the Metropolitan Police), that the bomber was on the roof of an adjacent block of flats and used a Red Post Office pillar box as his aiming mark to detonate the device just as the military coach turned left off the Pimlico Road into Ebury Bridge Road.

In the case of Sir Steuart Pringle, an under vehicle booby trap (UVBT) was placed under the wheel well of his private VW Passat, which was parked on the road outside his private residence in South C-----d Road, Dulwich. The bomber, was believed to have been spotted outside MOD Main Building by General Pringle's Royal Marine driver, a Corporal, some three weeks previously and on at least two subsequent occasions en-route to Dulwich. The sighting was reported to an officer on General Sir Steuart's staff but it appears the sighting of a stocky man wearing a balaclava was ignored and not passed further. The device exploded shooting the engine block through to the driving compartment and badly damaging General Pringle's leg which was amputated. However, his labrador dog, who had jumped into the rear seat before Sir Steuart climbed in, was totally unharmed apart from a wee shock. His house was also the only one for a good 150 yards that was totally undamaged, the others having their windows and chimney stacks relocated.

You may have guessed from the above, that I was the Duty Investigator from 90 Security Section during that two week period, and also the one who initiated a formal liaison with C13, then the name for the Anti-Terrorist Branch of Scotland Yard, and the Army.

Alec, Please note the correct spelling of Sir Steuart's christian name !!! He was I believe a minor Scottish Baronet

Eddie Izzard will be along soon to tell us all how he didn't do it, based on his extensive CT and legal experience and we can let him off to go read IRA obituaries on the circuit.

Meanwhile I'm sure we can drum up evidence on soldiers from 1654 and the atrocities commited to the poor Irish somewhere in the world and lavish £10000000000000000000000000000000000000.43 on legal fees and compensation.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)