Hyde bound not to give up US secrets to Britain

For years, Mr Hyde and his powerful aide, Walker Roberts, have stymied administration attempts to pass legislation that would grant Britain an exemption from the complicated US military export laws, called the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).

The congressman also has particular bones to pick with the UK. He is said to be concerned by Britain’s lack of specific laws preventing transfer of military technology to third countries. Given the UK’s open defence market, Mr Hyde has warned that technologies transferred to Britain may find their way to capitals less friendly to American interests.

The Bush administration has decided one more push up the Hill is not worth the effort since Mr Hyde appears immovable on waivers for either the UK or Australia. They remain hopeful, however, they can find another way to achieve co-operation on military technologies
http://news.ft.com/cms/s/c1641cb6-5b93-11da-b221-0000779e234

I find this rather strange.

The UK has very very stringent export laws, especially in Military items or those considered suitable for dual use. I have first hand experience of this , and it is extrememly difficult to get over the many hurdles placed in your way. But to be fair, once these hurdles have been crossed, everything goes rather well.

Let's talk about Arms and technology exports to Israel, and where they may have ended up?

Let's talk about Arms and technology exports to Israel, and where they may have ended up?

As far as i know it was a issue over last summer but a agreement was signed that the US could limit sells if it felt the technology was sensitive.

http://www.epsusa.org/publications/newsletter/sep2005/pomper.htm

Israeli government officials and a nongovernmental expert in Washington familiar with the issue said the two sides were seeking to fashion a memorandum of understanding that would make such sales more transparent by defining “rules of the road.” The United States has considerable leverage over Israel as US defense technology is often incorporated in Israeli weapons.

“I believe that very soon we are going to agree on a procedure with regard to Israeli exports to China,” Yuval Steinitz, chairman of the Israeli Knesset (Parliament) Foreign and Defense Committee told Arms Control Today in a June 8 interview.
Now you could either define this as a mature , responsible approach by Israel , or breathtaking brass neck. I know which one I think it is.

What I want to know, is the effect this has on the JSF and the carrier project?

The FT reported about 5 months ago that BAe were having difficulty getting some kind of blueprint for the JSF, for manufacture and servicing.

Yes, Israel is free to once again export US Arms technology via a quick whitewash and a change of manufacturing stamps.

Does this aircraft remind you of a mixture of 2 other aircraft?

www.sinodefence.com/ai...er/j10.asp

The Vigourous Dragon , now entering service with the PLAAF

More here mil.jschina.com.cn/hui...1_FC-1.htm It would be good to also look at the directory of other Chinese Arms and Weapons platforms too.
You seem to be angry at the US and Israel, yet when I read your links, the country that is mention is Russia. You seem to be ignoring the obvious. I missed this reference--- a Mirage 2000 style intake

NEO_CON said:
The congressman also has particular bones to pick with the UK. He is said to be concerned by Britain’s lack of specific laws preventing transfer of military technology to third countries. Given the UK’s open defence market, Mr Hyde has warned that technologies transferred to Britain may find their way to capitals less friendly to American interests.
Capitals less friendly to American interests! - er, doesn't that mean every Capital??? I'm sure you can only fit one Prime Minister up a Geroge Dubya at any one time!!! (You can't get much more friendly than that!)

CC_TA :D