Hyde bound not to give up US secrets to Britain

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by NEO_CON, Nov 23, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.ft.com/cms/s/c1641cb6-5b93-11da-b221-0000779e234
  2. I find this rather strange.

The UK has very very stringent export laws, especially in Military items or those considered suitable for dual use. I have first hand experience of this , and it is extrememly difficult to get over the many hurdles placed in your way. But to be fair, once these hurdles have been crossed, everything goes rather well.

Let's talk about Arms and technology exports to Israel, and where they may have ended up?

3. As far as i know it was a issue over last summer but a agreement was signed that the US could limit sells if it felt the technology was sensitive.
  4. http://www.epsusa.org/publications/newsletter/sep2005/pomper.htm

Now you could either define this as a mature , responsible approach by Israel , or breathtaking brass neck. I know which one I think it is.
  5. Your quote is date July/August. I think the issue has already been resolved
  6. Still not forgiven us for Philby,Blunt and Mclean?
  7. What I want to know, is the effect this has on the JSF and the carrier project?

The FT reported about 5 months ago that BAe were having difficulty getting some kind of blueprint for the JSF, for manufacture and servicing.
  8. You seem to be angry at the US and Israel, yet when I read your links, the country that is mention is Russia. You seem to be ignoring the obvious. I missed this reference--- a Mirage 2000 style intake
  9. Has more than a few F16 features, IMO
  10. Capitals less friendly to American interests! - er, doesn't that mean every Capital??? I'm sure you can only fit one Prime Minister up a Geroge Dubya at any one time!!! (You can't get much more friendly than that!)

CC_TA :D