Hybrid Spartan/Scimitar

Discussion in 'RAC' started by ObnoxiousJockGit, May 7, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone know the story with this vehicle? (OPSEC allowing of course).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. It's kind of cute. I suppose it has a bit more room inside than Scimitar. More room for stores etc. I wonder if the back door is still functional and if the turret crew can get in and out without having to go through the top hatches (reduced signature when in a static position)

3. OPSEC does apply to the story.

4. Looks a bit chavvy with the spoiler.

5. Thats not a spoiler you muppet. Its a sunshade so it doesn't get to hot for the crew

6. Nah, it's a tray for tea and biscuits, as opposed to electronics that we can't talk about. Actually the wagon puts me in mind of the 432 with Scimitar turret.
    [​IMG]

7. You'll need to tell the people at 'missing-lynx.com' as they've already revealed the name and why it's being made.

8. Thanks, had that link for the original pics but hadn't checked back. V interesting.

9. Just to be a pedant I think it was a CVR(W) Fox turret not a Scimitar.

Sunday morning, 0650hrs - I need a life!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Could you post a link to missing lynx - I could not find the article.

11. That is certainly news to me, thanks!

12. Thanks for the link

13. Very interesting!

Personally, I would have preferred to see the turret slapped on Stormer HVM. Partly because the chassis has a bit more muscle, and partly because it would piss off the Gunners!

I'm not convinced that a better weapons fit for light armoured vehicle of this kind wouldn't be a dual 40mm GMG/ 0.50" HMG fit like the USMC AAV-7 rather than 30mm Rarden - especially in the context of the COE.

Would also be nice to see us retain some 'baby tracks' to complmeent SV when it arrives.

14. That doesn't necessarily make any of them right.