Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by IvyGrad, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know where this "interjection of joy" originated? this history?

Yes I know wikipedia covers this but I want to know from the horses' mouth (or arrse)?!

2. What are you on about you pompous prick? Why would soldiers be interested in such a thing? off and post it in a website for people who squeeze lemons with their arse cheeks!
  3. People who routinely use the word 'Huzzah' are, in the main, firmly where they should be - 6ft under, considering that word was last popular during the Peninsular Wars. People who use it now, are, in the main - cnuts.
  4. Huzzah to that.................oh, bollocks.
  5. Why else do you think you can squeeze your sphincter so tight? To get all the juice out of course.
  6. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Not in Ivy's case - whole lemons just drop out the gaping hole.
  7. It's an echoic term, from the english, hisse, simply meaning heave.

Interestingly, the phras hip hip hooray, comes from the germanic chant hep hep, which was a sort of ralying cry in medieval times basically meaning, "let's go lynch some kykes"
  8. Queen's Own Oxfordshire Hassars anyone? Was still used until the unit got *destroyed* a few years ago.

Stems from the Yeomanry shurly. :?
  9. If they do, there's probably a website for it.
  10. You need to read the Crap Weight Loss thread ... you'll feel much better.

11. Here's a source, a children's book:

12. still about 5 qooh squadron of 31 sig regt
  13. Excellent, I'm glad they kept the name. :)
  14. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

Cant believe this thread when we have just spent 25 odd pages discussing how to improve things

Ivy, please read the thread that Dinger has kindly linked to and for the love of christ read it and take note
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.