Huzzah! MOD saved! Cameron to raise defence spending!

It's not like CMD has got any previous for lying out of his arse, is it?

If only he would say a single thing that was not completely hollow...

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
only if they win the next election mind.

any Balls from labour yet?

Ah yes, the New Model Army.....

It's all the MOD will be able to afford.

Ah, the promises of a government who knows they won't win the next election- gotta love 'em. Some might think that all this talk of referenda, and an orgy of Defence expenditure was being set up to embarrass future incumbents.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Nothing will change in terms of funding for MoD until someone goes through the Treasury like a keen wind removing the lackwit bien pensants infesting it , few of whom has ever served in uniform or have friends and relatives doing so, and whose main article of faith is that money spent on Defence is simply pissed away on new tennis courts for the officers mess and private school education for their offspring.....and - breathe OMMMMMMMM :meditate:

Not by their words, but by their deeds....

"No" in the same sense as "no boots on ground"?

What Robbeaus's view on this. I can never decide on financial or political issues until Robbeaus has cast his pearls of wisdom

CanteenCowboy

LE
Book Reviewer
I was planning on voting cons in any case...

Let's see how this unfurls.
In the 'land of Wombling free' is there any conservative representation? I also noticed you spelled it "cons", Freudian slip perhaps?

I predict it will unfurl like a flag, a specific flag, a white flag, as we will have no Armed Forces to save any more as the Chancellor has sold them off to raise capital, and Dr Liam Fox has been moved back into Defence to oversee the 'New UK Armed Forces': a group of out of work actors with a job lot of Guards uniforms to parade at the Tourist sites in London.

Or am I just being cynical?

In the 'land of Wombling free' is there any conservative representation? I also noticed you spelled it "cons", Freudian slip perhaps?

I predict it will unfurl like a flag, a specific flag, a white flag, as we will have no Armed Forces to save any more as the Chancellor has sold them off to raise capital, and Dr Liam Fox has been moved back into Defence to oversee the 'New UK Armed Forces': a group of out of work actors with a job lot of Guards uniforms to parade at the Tourist sites in London.

Don't forget Trident & the Red Arrows!

What Robbeaus's view on this. I can never decide on financial or political issues until Robbeaus has cast his pearls of wisdom
He would combine a number of words together in such a way as to give the reader a hernia. The best way to replicate his point of view on anything is to drink a bottle of whisky and inject your eyeballs with botox.

I predict it will unfurl like a flag, a specific flag, a white flag, as we will have no Armed Forces to save any more as the Chancellor has sold them off to raise capital, and Dr Liam Fox has been moved back into Defence to oversee the 'New UK Armed Forces': a group of out of G4S mongs with a job lot of Guards uniforms to parade at the Tourist sites in London.

Just realistic

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
Its probably true

He's taken a trip to Algeria and wants to play with the big boys (or in this case the French) and he's suddenly realised that the cupboard is empty.

More politician spin. Action not words is what is needed.

CG

" the Treasury will increase defence spending above inflation from 2015"..

That presumably means the government's figure for domestic inflation, which (a) always seems to be a fraction of real world inflation (b) is a much lower rate than "defence inflation" - the historical faster rate of rise in equipment costs.

Hence this seems to be more of the pre-cuts status quo - i.e. defence spending increase is publicly declared to be at/above domestic inflation rates, but in fact is declining in real terms due to "defence inflation".....