Huzzah! MOD saved! Cameron to raise defence spending!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by sunnoficarus, Jan 30, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Honest, he really, really, really means it…

"…Defence spending will rise again to avert the threat of fresh cuts to the Armed Forces, David Cameron has promised.…"

No more defence cuts, says David Cameron - Telegraph

Oh come on! Don't be so cynical!

2. It's not like CMD has got any previous for lying out of his arse, is it?

If only he would say a single thing that was not completely hollow...

• Like Like x 2
  3. Yes about ****ing time, and absolutely nothing to do with the USA raising the issue of our use as an ally, as a militia.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

only if they win the next election mind.

any Balls from labour yet?

5. ..... and if you believe a word of that, I have some prime bottom land you might be interested in.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ah yes, the New Model Army.....

It's all the MOD will be able to afford.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Link.

Posted from my ARRSE (iOS or Android)

8. Ah, the promises of a government who knows they won't win the next election- gotta love 'em. Some might think that all this talk of referenda, and an orgy of Defence expenditure was being set up to embarrass future incumbents.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Nothing will change in terms of funding for MoD until someone goes through the Treasury like a keen wind removing the lackwit bien pensants infesting it , few of whom has ever served in uniform or have friends and relatives doing so, and whose main article of faith is that money spent on Defence is simply pissed away on new tennis courts for the officers mess and private school education for their offspring.....and - breathe OMMMMMMMM :meditate:

Not by their words, but by their deeds....

• Like Like x 4
  10. "No" in the same sense as "no boots on ground"?

• Like Like x 2
  11. What Robbeaus's view on this. I can never decide on financial or political issues until Robbeaus has cast his pearls of wisdom

• Like Like x 3
  12. CanteenCowboy

CanteenCowboy LE Book Reviewer

In the 'land of Wombling free' is there any conservative representation? I also noticed you spelled it "cons", Freudian slip perhaps?

I predict it will unfurl like a flag, a specific flag, a white flag, as we will have no Armed Forces to save any more as the Chancellor has sold them off to raise capital, and Dr Liam Fox has been moved back into Defence to oversee the 'New UK Armed Forces': a group of out of work actors with a job lot of Guards uniforms to parade at the Tourist sites in London.

Or am I just being cynical?

13. Don't forget Trident & the Red Arrows!

• Like Like x 1
  14. ^ Ahem

• Like Like x 3
  15. He would combine a number of words together in such a way as to give the reader a hernia. The best way to replicate his point of view on anything is to drink a bottle of whisky and inject your eyeballs with botox.

• Like Like x 2