Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by squiffy_parsons, May 26, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Following the BT hub topic, I wondered how secure this hushmail is

If it's secure from the outside is it secure from the inside ? can the hushmail site read your emails and would they have to turn over your hushmail to the "authorities" along with the encryption key if required.
  2. Cant you just pgp up all your mail in outlook ?
  3. msr

msr LE

4. Having just signed up for an account at hushmail I find that they will hand over your account to the Feds. Now I just need another someone else with a hushmail account so I can send an email too. :D
  5. Having just looked at the wiki pgp page, I have the feeling that I could cock up pgp to easily and find I couldn't read my own mail etc, at least thats the impression I get.
  6. It's also a pretty safe bet any mail generated from the UK will be passed to GCHQ, all in the interests of national security of course :wink:
  7. Is it not now law in the UK, that you are legally obliged to hand over any encryption keys you use to the police if requested and that trying the excuse "I can't remember them" is in itself a criminal act?

I know Nu Labour were trying to sneek that little one through and IIRC did manage to make it law.

8. Correct