Hurt Feelings Trumps Being Held Against Your Will?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by JoeCivvie, Feb 28, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This was posted before but binned. So essentially this guy was prevented from going about his business because someone had hurt feelings? WTF?

2. And it'll be binned again. Rules are rules. No upsetting muslims!
  3. Alternative view-
    Coffin-dodger makes pain in the ass of himself and is shocked to have been slightly inconvenienced as a result.
  4. You avatar looks fuck all like a .50 cal.
  5. Poetic license.
  6. There's poetic licence, and then there's taking the piss.
  7. You can walk through airport security unchecked in a veil, but dare to comment upon it and you'll find yourself forced to apologise to someone you haven't even offended. All because if you are religious in this country, you have a special exception from being offended, for some bizarre reason.
  8. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Pity the poor security guard was offended. Being a professional security guard charged with keeping our aircraft secure he will not be aware of this case reported widely in 2006. He will have been too busy finding things to be offended about. This has sod all to do with the guards religion (other than that was the card used by a heavy handed supervisor) and everything to do with professional standards.

A MALE suspect in a major anti-terrorist investigation in Britain escaped capture by allegedly disguising himself as a Muslim woman dressed in a burka, The Times can reveal.
    The man, who was wanted in connection with serious terrorist offences, evaded arrest for several days as police searched for him across the country.

The fact that a fugitive remained at large after disguising himself in an Islamic dress which covered his face will further fuel the debate sparked by Jack Straw, Leader of the House of Commons, about the wearing of the veil.

Details of the man’s true identity were circulated to ports and airports to try to prevent him leaving the country.

He was eventually caught and is now one of more than 90 suspects in British prisons awaiting trial on terror charges. ........
    • Like Like x 2
  9. I'd tell the security guard that if he/she gets upset so easily by someone's opinion then perhaps he/she shouldn't be in a customer/public facing role.

He/she should be a professional, do his/her job to the required standard and that's as far as it should go.

Fucking homo.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Read it again, the security guard didn't get offended, he didn't even hear it, he just happened to be nearby. PC wankstains terrified that a God botherer may be slightly...bothered.
  11. He should have been caught at the point at which ID/passports are checked.

The news story says that this one happened at the X-ray scanner.
  12. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I thought the veil/ burka thing had nothing to do with religion but was more of a cultural thing. Not all Muslim women wear veils, just from the less enlightened areas.

That is my view and observation and am happy to be proven incorrect.

If on the other hand you are offended by my remark then fuck off back to your own culture.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Fuck all to do with PC- It's just some grizzled old twat gobbing off to uniformed staff. See it all the time on UK police/ border agency TV shows. Pisses me off. He should have been tazered then cavity searched.
    Thinks it's OK because he's "respectable" ("I'm famous don't ya know?")
    He should try making snide comments to American of Russian security forces if he wants to be really inconvenienced.
  14. Your avatar looks fuck all like a prince albert.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. The security guard wasn't offended he was Affendi. :)