Hurt Certificates

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by exile1, Jan 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Many years ago if one was injured in the RN then IIRC one was issued with a 'Hurt Cert'. Upon leaving the service the RN would try and buy them back off you [compo?]
    My question is.... are they still issued and did the Army have a similar or the same system? [especially as everything now seems tri-service]
  2. I can't answer your question, but a quick google tells me that the Hurt Certificate (or "Smart Ticket") was issued as evidence of injury, enabling a disability pension to be sought on discharge from the Navy.

    piccies: (front) and (reverse)

    Note that the rear has been stamped indicating receipt of compensation.
  3. Perhaps I should have asked for Hurt Certs when injured in Combing Ops Units whilst still in the RN all those years ago, especially IIRC there was no time limitations on them.

    edited for typo.
  4. Were you a hairdresser, then?
  5. Typing was never my strong point..... OTOH death by permanent wave .....
  6. Oh, a life on the permanent wave,
    Is better than going to sea.... etc.