Hurricane Gustav heads for Louisiana

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Virgil, Aug 31, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. They say it's possibly going to hit land bigger and stronger than Hurricane Katrina and due on Monday off New Orleans.

It's a Category 4 hurricane now expected to reach Cat 5 tomorrow evening--the scale only goes to 5-- gaining strength over the Gulf's warm waters before hitting Louisiana.

The mayor gave one of his 'get out of town now' speeches. He warned everyone who would stay that all police, firefighters and hospital workers will be gone as well.

This time I think, everyone will listen.

Two pics:

Scary pic :omfg: :

[​IMG]

And the path:

[​IMG]

2. I thought all Huriccanes were given a girl's name?

Anyway, good luck to the folk in New Orleans. They'll fcuking need it. 8O

3. Dont worry Sean Penn is fueling up his boat as we speak

4. And yet the bible-bashing south still doesn't take the hint?

5. Probably the opposite.

Southern Louisiana/NO area is predominately Catholic, which is not associated with Southern bible-bashing, the only area in the South that is majority RC I believe.

Which won't do anything but encourage the protestant fundies who make up the bible-bashers in the rest of the South.

6. msr

msr LE

7. F'ing Baptists. :evil:

8. msr

msr LE

So you didn't get a flash for your beads?

9. Lets hope the shaved chimp responds a bit sooner to any need of Federal assistance this time.

10. No, I wouldn't count on Mayor Ray Nagin for anything at this point.

11. With the Republican Convention looming this is either Obama campaign disinformation or proof that God hates the Grand Old Party.

12. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

I continue to be impressed by America's ability to build in the wrong places.
    Hello ... Gulf = Hurricanes = Flooding = Need levees = Levees need maintaining. NOT rocket science.

Good luck, NO.

Meanwhile, I am staggered, given the weather statistics, that anyone with 3 brain-cells would live in Florida.
    Ctauch has gone a long way to prove my theory in recent months :wink:

13. Dirty little secret is we see them coming and get out of the way. Knock on wood my area has not seen a direct hit in many many many years. I also don't have leeves surrounding my house, and my house has never seen a flood.

If in fact we are hit by a hurricane, we will pick up the pieces and start over. I am sufficiently insured and pay the cost of that insurance. I can afford to live here, and don't have to rely on FEMA to come to my rescue.

Nor do I want FEMA anywhere near me, or any other gubmint agency.

14. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

That's what I like to hear ... a good Survivalist thriving in what is otherwise known as "Death's Waiting Room".

So, ctauch, how do all the old folks cope with all this stuff?
    Does it make for a pleasant retirement in the Sunshine State?
    Or do they just peg out with the stress of it all?
    Or move back to their other home in Maine until it's all over?