Hurrah,more bad news for Jade Goody and her ilk.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by vvaannmmaann, Dec 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It brings a warm glow to my heart knowing that not only is her clunge rotting and smelling like an open grave, she will also soon be penniless.

Life is good :)

2. Yes.... some of these so-called 'Celebs' really want to get a life... and do something useful like digging ditches and cleaning Public Latrines... instead of being seen and read about on the front pages of crap like 'Hello' and the 'Feckwit Times'... at least some of them could do voluntary work for Hospices and caring for the terminally ill and elderly instead of being seen being screwed on 'YU-Tube' or 'Fecwit-Tube' or whatever....

I had to larf last year when Mrs Cruella Teflon-De B'liar went out to Australia for a book-signing session for her book 'The Goldfish Bowl' about her life as the PMs wife..... apparently the Aussies were even less interested and she hardly sold any of her books.... (Oh boooo hoooo!)

I'd rather read the 'Sunday Sports', 'Viz' and 'Beano' than read Mrs Blairs books.... :) 8O ... at least the 'Fat Slags' are more interesting...

3. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

I am somewhat perplexed by the dirth of such auto(or not)biographies today. I can understand if someone was in the public domain for 20+ years or so, but some of these publications are ridiculous. Aside for the hideous Goody 'thing', here are some other biographies I cannot fathom;

Cheryl Cole (Aged 25)
    Wayne Rooney (Aged 23) 5 - book deal over 12 years
    Jordan (Aged 30) - 3 books published on her 'achievements'.
    Peter Andre (Aged 35) has he done anything of note?
    Jodie Marsh (Aged 29) Famous for what?
    Jamie Carragher (Aged 30) - solid player, media non - entity.

There are many more examples, but these are just some that had me scratching my head with puzzlement. I would be more interested in the stories of:

Harry Patch
    Henry Allingham
    Warrent Buffet
    Roger Moore
    JG Ballard
    and
    Ranulph Fiennes

of the current glut. At least they have what you could call 'life experience' and not 'teeny - bop' and flash in the pan celebrity like some of the former category.

4. Command_doh

Christ.

Did anyone else grimace with horror and feel physically sick after being exposed to those foul pictures of an apparently beached whale?

5. I was in Waterstones the other day.

I felt saddened that these mongs "memoirs" and auto(and not)biographys, not to mention copious "unauthorised" offerings were so prominent.

In a dark corner I found two books. One was the biography of our oldest living "volunteer" from the First World War, the other was the biography of our last remaining "Tommy" who fought in the Trenches.

What a sad state of affairs.

I mean, FFS, writing "memoirs" before you've even passed middle age. Come on.

Even "Apache" or whatever it's called was in the dank recesses of the shop. What do people want to read about? Some t1t off of Celebritey X factor gone dancing or the lads of the Royals grasping the side of an Apache as they zoom in to an enemy fort to rescue a comrade.

I remember reading comics about such daring do.

6. Command_doh

Too right I did mate, but I thought I'd share them with the boys and girls.........Shouldn't keep all the treats to yourself, after all!

Chas

7. Quite so.

8. Also a jolly good read

[​IMG]

9. Nope.

I banged one out over her getting zapped with the 'soon-to-be' death ray.

I am hoping she records the footage of her hair falling out in clumps when she brushes it.

I'll use fairy liquid and a fresh wank sock for that one.

10. Jesus wept, it's wiping the cancer from it's front bottom, oh the horror.

Attached Files:

11. By the looks of your avatar, CD, you have seen it in the flesh :D

12. Command_doh

Indeed. Whilst I did indeed recoil with horror at her mammoth proportions and her butt - ugly visage, I do confess I felt an unholy rising occuring at the sight of her spread eagled across that hospital gurney. Is that so very, very wrong....?

Of course, I would be utterly ashamed if I were to plunge forth in such circusmtances. But any hole is a goal right.... :? :oops: :lol:

13. Ran Fiennes Auto-biography click

I also believe there is currently a book out about Harry Patch